Is there hope left for hots?

Do you guys think there is still hope for hots? That it might get better? Or is it doomed to go out of service? Or maybe they might decide to remake the whole game?

Itā€™ll always have a playerbase until the game is straight up plugged. How large will it be? Weā€™ll have to find out. Take that as you will :confused:

8 Likes

dota 2 survived recycling content for years
dota 2 managed to ā€˜reinventā€™ itself with shiny new coat of paint.
there is a growing appeal of companies rebranding, updating and then selling 20+ year-old games.
There are companies that thrive off of re-selling the same game every year

Part of the biggest issue for hots is that common perception wanted ā€œaaaā€ title for this game. With enough content updates, and an eventually ā€œrebrandā€ to resell the content shtick, the game could eventually reach that point where it becomes magically ā€˜brand newā€™ to people. Some of the previous events and content updates for HoTS have been more about realizing itself as its own thing and less a direct reference to other stuff blizz has already done.

If it ā€˜feelsā€™ more of a ā€˜standaloneā€™ experience with dedicated devs, then itā€™ll have a better appeal then the doom and gloom people have been posting for years. Probably half the perpetually complaints would be offset if the whole thing were rebranding as ā€œHotS 3.0ā€ and had a ā€œnew engineā€ as a hefty bit of complaints literally come from their perceived ā€˜lazinessā€™ of using the ā€œStarcraft engineā€ instead of ā€œhaving its ownā€.

1 Like

By 2030, we will see Heroes of the Storm REMAKEā€¦

ā€¦on mobileā€¦

1 Like

Warcraft III is still running on servers too so i dont think they will shut it down

1 Like

Things change in years, at some point ppl will realize that Hots is actually the best moba in concept, has the most amazing design, but you need to use your brain much more and cooperate with others.

When that happens - believe me - its gonna be legendary.

4 Likes

i think there is, yeah. the announcement at the end of last year wasā€¦ discouraging, but since then weā€™ve had a lot of fresh changes. the balance experimentation especially makes me optimisticā€”even if it does result in some hiccups like rexxarā€™s spiked winrate. hopefully theyā€™ll keep the momentum going and make certain older heroes as fun & interesting as ana is (IMO)

I donā€™t think itā€™s going to just die off any time soon but at the same time I donā€™t think this game has any room for potential growth at this point.

but w3 is a good game

Diablo 3 had a horrendous start and managed to transform itself into a much better game. HOTS is far from a lost cause.

5 Likes
  1. $1 mill prize pool tourny and you will get tons of exposure
  2. conquer lolā€™s market and youā€™re good to go

If there are only 10 people left on my server I will still play, this game is great.

Patches keep making it better. Blizz just screwed the pooch when they tried to force feed a pro scene w/o fixing gameplay issues

3 Likes

Warcraft III is getting remastered.

Thereā€™s still hope for HotS. Who knows, maybe the game may redeem itself soon.

// bring back master skins reeee //

2 Likes

They would need to fix matchmaking and reporting system to win back player base.

I donā€™t think Pepsi bans anyone that drinks their soda and prevents them from buying more. LOL.

1 Like

Thereā€™s always hope.

2 Likes

As a casual game yes.As a tryhard competitive one? Not unless activision-blizz decides to give it a pro circuit again and even then it would not fare well considering how considerate they were when they decided to kill the previous one.
If they killed HGC on a gradual one two year span it would have had a chance to recover or at least not piss off people as much.

1 Like

As long as Auriel is in the Nexus, there is hope.

4 Likes

Not to sound like a pessimist, but Dota 2 has never entered ā€œmaintenance modeā€ and had anonymous members of the dev company call it a failure and embarrassment.

Iā€™ll have some hope for it when they choose to use cheat detection software, cuz there are waaaaay too many script usersā€¦ Between my team and the enemy team thereā€™s two in every damn match. TWO. And all I can do is just sit down, bite the bullet and report them, submit proof of it and what programs they may be using, only to see them in a match a week laterā€¦ jesus christ.

1 Like