Is there gonna be new content?

I know I sound pessimistic.

Look, I love this game, I really do. If we’d get some new events, I wouldn’t bring this up. But there has been absolutely no new content since Hogger. No heroes, No skins. The only new thing was the Tracer-exclusive mount (not counting balance patches).

So is there gonna be new content?

5 Likes

Probably but it’s now entirely possible that we’re going to get new content twice a year and reheated leftovers from the previous year the other two events.

Edit: and I just noticed OW has released their third patch of new content since halloween. Sads.

4 Likes

I don’t see why we wouldn’t, it’ll just come in very slowly which is unfortunate. I don’t mind new content coming in slowly, I do however wish they would adjust patches more frequently. At least twice per ranked season, bare minimum. I do grow tired of heroes like Falstad being busted and having to ban them every single game without knowing when the devs are going to tone them down.

1 Like

Due to the lack of new content, the current state of the game, and how Blizzard has forgotten about its existence; I have been without any motivation to play since last year. And best of all, is that I live perfectly well, there is a whole world of games out there.

Maybe one day I will return to HotS, but I do not see it as something close, I enter these forums once a month just to remember old times, and it is not because I do not want to play, but because there is nothing that motivates me to do so, the game seems very abandoned.

3 Likes

I’m not sure there’s anything left to re-heat.

2 Likes

when blizz merged with activision their owners made lots of money and their priority became bottom line for investors. since covid and trump the stock market has fallen, and to make money, instead of investing in talent, they decided to do the easy fire eevryone and stop supporting league sports. this shows an immediate profits while their products and clients suffer. a slow demise of a company. nothing new, its the new trend in 2010’s, capitlism means bleeding the ants dry so a few people can get an extra car.
to answer your question, don;t expect anything else ot be updated, ever, but if we get one, be happy we got it at all, as theres probably 5 guys in a small room as the only HOTS devs. And while many of us still love the game, we have ot be alright with it staying as is until no more players play the game.

1 Like

I would like to see some good old screen animated backgrounds with the release of new characters

A single one of those cost more to make than their 2021 budget, lol.

I miss the animated backgrounds with easter eggs. Chromie’s was nice.

4 Likes

Actually, video games are doing better than ever.

2 Likes

Why do you ask?

Because there has been almost nothing new since Hogger. Not even new skins.

2 Likes

Yes, you said this in the OP. Why does this matter to you?

It shouldn’t matter?

1 Like

I’m just waiting for one of the interns to mention that Winter Veil content has been up for half a year and we didn’t even get the seasonal quest chain to go with it.

Seemingly no Spring skin rotation this year because we’re moving into the Summer season, so too bad for anyone wanting those Lunar or Cyber looks in 2021.

1 Like

I would at least like some communication. If they are really struggling with skeleton crew, and that they are doing everything they can, but there is only so much they can do, hinting that to us will make waiting easier.

When someone has good will towards the other party, and there is a lack of communication, they will give the other party benefit of the doubt at first. However, if that lack of communication continues, one will naturally start assuming things, filling in the silence, and those assumptions won’t be positive ones.
That’s how a lot of relationships and marriages die, isn’t it?

3 Likes

You know when you microwave soup and you get that stuff that boils out a little and it stays on the glass circle? Blizzard is just gonna scrape that off and grind it into a fine powder and we have to sniff it.

If we are lucky.

1 Like

I feel the same. The lack of new content is driving me away tbh. I haven’t played a game of HOTS in weeks…

Sad because i really like the game but when you don’t have anything new coming and the game seems abandoned by its developer it makes it hard to continue.

I still check the forums every couple of days though in hopes that something new is announced but i don’t expect it. Sad how Blizzard treats this game and the players in it. Blizzard is supposed to be that company that doesn’t abandon its games but for some reason HOTS does not apply to this philosophy. Blizzard does the bare minimum to keep its players here engaged and its not enough and the game will suffer for it.

2 Likes

I could play this game for years more with no new content as long as I’ve got players to play with

Now smurfs and the stomp fests they create, that’s what’s gonna drive me away sooner then later.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be saying that if I were you. I mean, yeah, skins and other cosmetics are techincally content but they don’t add anything new in terms of gameplay. The only real content were new event-exclusive game modes during Winter Wonderland and Lunar New Year (one mode per each) and three new challenges for Archives PvE missions (that make PvE missions worth playing three more times because they don’t really have replay value). And in terms of Conetent, with the capital C, Overwatch got only ONE hero (who wasn’t even all that exciting) and ONE map for scirimishes or FFA or something in the time HotS got three new heroes, multiple hero reworks (I guess calling reworks new content might be debatable but they do bring new things to the gameplay) and several anomalies which were basically experiments with core gameplay of HotS. I’d say HotS was doing WAY better than OW in terms of new content (not because HotS is doing that great but becasue OW is doing absolutely horrible). But yeah, no new winter skins, increasing patch timing from ~1 month to ~1.5 months and super long winter loot box season are worrying.

This. Sure, new content is a good addition for any game (as long it’s good content and not the kind of content that makes the game worse) but having new content isn’t necessary if the game is enjoayable to play and isn’t repetitive. And I sure do enjoy HotS, even too much I’d say. Except when there are certain heroes on the enemy team.