Is it possible to know how many hours you've played HotS?

Something like this:

I wanna know for science.

7 Likes

Heroes Profile shows you hours played but you’d have to upload everything to make it accurate

1 Like

There has to be a way, all this data is actually privately stored and IIRC you can request it but I’m not sure how.

also offtopic but I think my topic got bugged:

Lol whut, weird. Looks fine on my end :laughing:

Uh oh… Guys! Help me out with this life net, QUICK!

1 Like

Properly more then i want to know.

3 Likes

You think typing /timeplayed will work? I’d test it but I’m afraid the game will call me an AI scrub.

if you have all of your replay files (I don’t due to HD issues and space) you can probably find the time of each game there then math it out. There are replay parser libraries out there so it would take some code…

Otherwise I think blizzard would have to provide an API to access it.

Slightly inaccurate due to drafting and loading times.
Anyway, number of matches, potentially per season, is a good guesstimate.
For example, my HP says

• 22 days, 7 hours, 29 minutes, 59 seconds
  • 778 wins, 826 losses (I have an extremely fixed 48.5% winrate since forever)

If I would do the math, I could check my in-game numbers and apply a multiplier.

You could go back in time and always launch the game through Steam.

I did the calc and I’m at 148 days played.
Oh my.

1 Like

Weird, I always thought HOTS had “time played” recorded on your profile like Diablo 3, but nope. I’m sort of glad not to know.

4 Likes

You can kind of figure it out by multiplying the average match length by the number of games played.

But I don’t really want to know. It is depressing enough seeing my WoW time played.

3 Likes

Blizzard is on to you Sami. You should get a new identity and move to Nepal.

1 Like

Oh no they want to hire me. :flushed:

While not exact. you can calculate the time in hours you have played using your total matches played (which you can check in your in-game profile), then use the average match length (which as far as I’m concerned should be around 18 minutes) and do the math.

That would only count actual average gameplay time, though, not the time you have spent in the game (waiting time, lobby room, surfing store, etc).

But its something!

Average que time (since beginning of HotS for veterans, so rounded a bit down and not counting the current low population) = ~2 minutes
Average draft and lobby time = 5 minutes (reduced by 50%, because the player also plays Aram and QM which have no lobby at all or in the case of Aram a 30s selection)
Average game length= ~20 mins

An average pvp player with 1000 games = 407 hours, or 16.9 days spent online
Plus a dozen or two hours (maybe 10-50) spent randomly hanging around in the client.

Multiply ~400 hours as needed for each 1k games.
Figures will be different for pure AI players though.

2 Likes

Good breakdown! :+1:

AI players can go with a rought estimate of half that time. Most AI games end in about 13 minutes on elite. Some are 8min, some 20min. Queue times do not exist (averages under 5sec).

This works at least for the past 3 years since during the worst AI changes 10mins was common, while there also was a time where 18min was common (sure, the AI had obvious weaknesses towards some heroes and tactics, but overal gave a stronger defense).

I don’t think it’s possible, Sami. =(

I know in WoW you could do a /played to see what your playtime is on a single character, but I don’t know if something exists for HOTS.

I actually don’t want to know TBH. lol