If u remove medallion plz buff probius

So what? I’ts true you can count Probius players (at that level) with one hand. It doesn’t change the fact Probius has a higher winrate over 95% of the roster.

1 Like

It’s a meaningless amount of sample size.
Basically skewed data.
That’s why I used more patches, to get more games that show the average and not a random “string”.

And the Probe did show signs of decreased success not that long ago, but it looks like it stabelized.
I’m just glad he needs no buffs.

1 Like

He has been top for years, call it what you want but even the dev team is aware of the probe and the 3 players that know how to use it (I’m proud of being one, not a master player, but a Probius player).

2 Likes

Players just don’t try it enough for any reliable statistical data. Probius will likely always have incomplete information, which explains why the devs don’t dare even look its way, aside from very shy improvements once in a while.

4 Likes

I also have a nice Probe winrate (59%). Wouldn’t dare to bring it Masters SL tho (unless 5men premade).

1 Like

Yep it’s insane how low his pick rate is, yet those super-players make him unbuffable. Because they already get more wins with him than any other hero mains in the game.

So I’m afraid another case of l2p for OP. This isn’t supposed to be a democratic “hero for everyone”.
Probius is very exclusive. How many people in the world are good at him? A dozen?

4 Likes

We both win. You play probius in ur games and I won’t think probius is good for the masses

It remains me about the old D.Va, where only a few players played her successful and still she got a change. Does it mean Probius is similar to old D.Va, because only really good players can pull the maximum out of this hero?

Probius like old DVa work best in a specific team combination. If the combination works, the Heroes if played well excel and can win matches on a large scale.
To a part also because many opponents don’t know, how to handle such enemies.
You have to be really good to shine with such Heroes outside of an ideal combo

Does it mean Probius needs a rework like they did with D.Va?

No, I don’t think he needs a full rework.
All he needs is a solution for his Z.

1. In form of damage doesn’t cancel workers rush or
  2. In form of giving him the ability to Warp from one of his pylons to the other.

I prefer the second solution. This would give him a nearly global presence and would make him more valuable.

1 Like

Actually, no, Probius works as a regular mage, it’s just he’s hard to use. And ues, he needs a rework.

Stop the reworks 20 char

https://web.archive.org/web/20181028203058/http://www.hotslogs.com/Default

He was cream of the crop for years (that snapshot is 2018), though so were vikings.

Various things pushed him down, various heroes being overbuffed, maybe some of his best mains also quit playing him over the years.

Though his sample was always fairly low (usually less than 1k ranked games a week) he was always at the very top of the winrate ladder. And it just got higher, the more filters you used (like only filtering by dia & master)

Probius is the strongest niche hero the game has ever had, besides very early Vikings 2015
(Vikings were too strong, constantly +60% winrate each patch, got several nerfs including loss of all combat abilities before level 7)

1 Like

Yeah if a hero isn’t even being played by enough people that you can still count them on one hand. He definitely needs a rework if not a full redesign. Would be a hell of a lot easier than creating a brand new hero while still getting that new hero smell.

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

If he’s still in the same tier as the dwarves…there would be hardly an upgrade…:confused:

“the dwarves”?

Falstad and Muradin are dwarves and they are in a good spot though. Btw nice necro, ChosenUndead.

This is a funny Necro. I missed the entire season the Medallion was active, yet I can’t escape it in necro form.

1 Like

Its getting close to Halloween so prepair for more necro.

3 Likes