I'd like to see some statistics

Personally, I’ve felt as if the introduction of EXP globes has led to a marked increase in snowballing. The reduced range to collect EXP makes it more difficult to safely collect EXP if you’re behind and the enemy team is present.

Even after the most recent balance update, it’s very common for matches to end with one team having a 2-level lead, sometimes a 3-level lead. The team who wins the first map objective seems to win the game about 75% of the time. The losing team will often spend well over a minute at a talent disadvantage (Particularly during the mid game and late game, after the winning team has hit level 10), which will usually cost them a teamfight or force them to give up an important objective.

I know that a while ago, in March of 2019, the HotS devs shared some statistics related to snowballing in this post:

So, I was wondering if the HotS devs could share some current statistics related to experience globes. Has snowballing increased, decreased, or stayed the same? If snowballing has increased, then are there any plans to do something about it?

2 Likes