I want to get your opinion on my opinions

God damnit, I was responding to a post where you yourself propsoed getting rid of the freaking unrakned mode
Jeez.

While I’m alright with the level 5 requirement I failt o see how both Storm league and “Bolt league” should have different rules when the 5 requirement would already remove the issue of unfamiliar heroes.

In that post you will notice Bolt League being in there if you scroll up and look

You have me curious Melke

Do you have Dyslexia or do you just make a lot of typing errors?

eh.

I think your reasoning is poor.
I think they shouldn’t be allowed without a certain number of games played, or level reached. Because the person showing that they’ve played the hero and aren’t a complete newbie to them is kinda important.

Make it ranged but keep the melee animation for that immersion and stuff?
(I imagine it’s viable, although it probably could lead to some funny circumstances)

there should just be an option globally to disable camera locking.

Also it isn’t fully camera locked, it’s just scroll camera locked. For what little that distinction matters.

Yes I am aware that you can look elsewhere by clicking the map

That is the difference you meant right?

we’ll fix that bug and get Valla stabbing ASAP :stuck_out_tongue:

100%

now there is a terrible opinion.

no it’s intended last I checked.

yes. as I said, the distinction matters little.

But why?

Ranked is a mode that should be for experienced players only and is restricted with lenient conditions even now

As someone who no longer plays this game and actively roots for its demise I love your first idea. Raising the requirement for ranked play will drive out more players and speed up the death spiral this game is already well in.

Oblivion awaits

Unfortunately for you it will not come soon for this game though

Because many including me still love it

Not that many. Less if they take suggestions like that. I hope you get what you’re asking for.

Out of sheer curiousity:

Why are you even here?

Why waste your energy reading the posts here and wishing badly for this game?

I hope so too

Without resulting in the death of this game

Because it’s founded on a false principle

False.
Or rather, experience the way you measure it is an awful measure.

The point of locking it behind a generic low level player profile is that is is easy to get lots of heroes to level 3-5. to easy in my opinion, and 50 is too low imo

But player level doesn’t dictate experience or skill. Some people want to play draft (and no, your frankly ridiculously silly “bolt league” wouldn’t help (and killing URD wouldn’t come close to counter balancing the damage your change would do)) and Storm League is the only good way to do it.

Many people also enjoy competitive play. Even if they’re bad… their prior games at even HL50 (**again I think this is to low) should give the matchmaker a semi-decent view of their skill, and match them with players close to that skill. Allowing them to be competitive without having to face a grind that they’ll give up or not view as worth it.

In addition, someone can get good enough at the game if they already have a general understanding of Moba mechanics and have played a variety of heroes to the point of understanding them.

I feel like I’m going to be rambling as I’m a wee bit drunk and tired. So I’m just going to leave it here, and if you want I can try to write something less rambly in the next 12-24ish hours.

But that’s exactly what your ranked restrictions would do, send the game deep into a death spiral. :sweat_smile:

Which is?

You realize that my silly little “Bolt League” is just Hero League with a different name right?

Solo matchmaking ring a bell?

It was good and is missed by some still

Hero League existed before Unranked Draft ever did

I remember people avoiding Team League(Which is now Storm League) and solely playing Hero League to avoid parties

Being given the choice matters

See?

I actually agree with you

The requirements are way too low

Hero League used to require sixteen heroes at level five to access and people did fine back then

Let’s not be too optimistic here

People being extremely good at the game without prior experience of playing it for a while are the exception and not the norm

I would appreciate it

Rest well

Then perhaps I am a fool for believing there is still hope for this game

But I do

Think on that brother

My tablet is out of sync slightly (the attached keyboard)

Oh

I am glad it wasn’t something serious

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Several times it’s just how bluetooth is when it comes to someone who types as fast as I do (lsat time I took a test I was 70 words a minute probably better now)

You are amazing Melke

Thank you.

And I apologize if I came off as hostile in our conversation.

1 Like

I never assumed as such

I admire you and I notice you’re one of the people who keep this place alive so I felt that you would never be hostile to anyone without a good reason

I sense in you great passion and love for this game :heart:

I also understand what it’s like to feel a bit overwhelmed at times

No harm done

Keep being amazing Melke :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What about about raynor being male and kerrigan being female? Im no the best at english but i think used the correct words, are you pointing at some errors i did?