I figured out the reason for all the Crashes, Lags, failed Login, etc

And every time the game loads an asset, which games do frequently as you play.

SSDs are actually among the best forms of storage since they are not subject to mechanic wear and being solid they are lot more resistant to physical stresses.

SSDs do have an issue of data retention when powered off for long periods of time. If the drive is reasonably health (low TBW for its capacity) then it should easily retain data for many years. If the drive is at end of life it might only retain data for a few weeks. If the drive is well past end of life it might not be able to retain data at all. For most normal users they are unlikely to ever get their SSD to end of life status within 10-20 years by which time it is likely due for an upgrade anyway.

You might be confusing the write amplification and performance decrease that occurs when most of the available space in an SSD is occupied. This is not because the drive is wearing out, but rather there is no longer enough free space for it to maintain its write efficiency. Freeing up space and running a trim cycle (unintuitively performed by running “disk defragment” on Windows) should restore the drive to previous performance.

Possibly related to your graphic card. Maybe running out of video memory? Or a driver bug? Any number of such applications should be able to be opened at once on a reasonable modern system. Although I cannot confirm with twitch, I can confirm that epic+steam+battlenet+hots+edge/chrome can all be open at once without any in game graphic issues occurring on a correctly functioning system.

The CPU can only use “hardware RAM”. Virtual memory works by at a hardware level disassociating the physical location of application memory in RAM. To do this physical memory is divided into fixed sized units called “pages”. Each application is given its own unique virtual memory address space with memory addresses translating into physical addresses by hardware using a page table. This disassociation of where an application memory address with where it is stored allows the operating system to perform several tricks, such as writing out infrequently accessed pages to backing storage in times where physical memory is running low, or by sharing the same pages between many applications or even the same application but mapped at different address ranges. It even allows the operating system to perform efficient on demand and largely transparent file I/O using memory mapping of files.

1 Like