How to post picture on forum?

I have a chart in picture format that shows some stats about HOTS’ popularity over the last couple of years. There’s a button on the forum page that says “hyperlink”, so I used it to link to my dropbox document that shows the chart.

But then when I tried to create the topic, it said you can’t post a link. Why is there a button for hyperlinks if I can’t post a message with a link? Anybody know how I can post a working link, or the picture itself?

I’m sorry, but, you can’t

You have to get your Trust Level up to 3

1 Like

Ah, thanks for that. That is a helpful guide and good explanations.

2 Likes

Seems slightly different for this forum. I’m trust level 2 now, but I think I was able to post pics/vids at level 1. And requirements to reach trust levels appeared to be significantly lower, like I got level 1 without posting a single topic at the time.

1 Like

You can post links that are whitelisted like Youtube, Twitter, Reddit probably Facebook too and any Blizzard related link.

If you want to upload a picture or embed a pic to a comment you require trust level 3.

2 Likes

Is uploading or embedding directly even a thing here for trust level 3? We don’t even have DMs for a lower trust level.

1 Like

Must not have been suspended

LOL there goes any possibility of having users level 3 here. Nobody who visits forums that much would also not have time to spam games and eventually a small silence or two.

1 Like

Cannot confirm, but there should be an additional option somewhere here for trust level 3 users

https://i.imgur.com/GJX3TGg.png

when hovering over the icon it shows Administrative options , IIRC from Overwatch forums, you can do both, link images directly from other sites, or simply upload them to the comment, I could be wrong.

You can’t place “clickable” links, but you can have a URL that interested readers can copy-paste (example with HotS wiki here):

http://heroesofthestorm.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

if you use the “preformatted text” option (or place this character ` on both sides of your text).

Don’t know if “hacking” the no-links rule like that is against the CoC, though.

This has been used for almost 9 months if we put the Overwatch forums into consideration, there was no warning for people using preformatted links as a way to bypass link filter, I think it depends on the site you are linking.

its a hell of a lot of work,
i made a pic last week and went to post it in the art section and then discovered that i can’t,
not even a link!

requirements:
come to the forum every day for 50 days…
and read 20,000 posts in 100 days.

all to post a pic! :laughing:

Just put around the link ``

And you can post your artwork as long it is suitable to the guidelines.

2 Likes

haha i hadn’t thought about that! good job! :blush:

1 Like

i would just take that as it is ensuring that the users are sure they want to go to the link by having to copy and paste it vs just click a random link. imo, its a good thing since having random clickable links scattered everywhere could actually pose some sort of threat. however, the user should know that going to a site outside of blizzard in this case means they could be exposing themselves to potentially hazardous material.

1 Like

Highlight the link and right click on it. There should be an option to follow the link there instead of having to copy and paste it.