How to play Tassadar as DrLogan

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419688509960355842/514941611571019799/tass.jpg

For my Tassadar experience I had a lot of games, where people ruined, throwed, blamed me, called F****r and etc. To play Tassadar you need to get one thing - except a skill on him you need to know, how to PICK him. I mean - to pick to not be reported, blamed, and other clever things, what can push your teammates to lose a game.

Oh wait, I forgot. You need to know that your people know how to play WITH Tassadar, what to pick WITH Tassadar.

Sigh… Time to remind my best games on gold league.

1 Be sure that you will have: MAIN Tank, HEAL and DMG ( Like Kael, not like Genji ).

On any team must be heroes with those roles. Other 2 places are for second tank/bruiser/dmg/spec/heal/support. Because:
Without dmg - can’t kill enemy team.
Without MAIN Tank - no frontlane.
Without healer - fast death.

2 Draft
So there are 3 nessesary roles, what about others? 1 place takes Tassadar, and here is one left. What to pick?

2.1 AA hero or finisher
Mostly your team takes second dmg, but it must have some survivability, because there are already 2-3 heroes, what must be on the backline

(mage, Tass and heal (which mostly is easy target too, depends from hero ( Reghar can handle backline, what Whitemane can’t do ))),

and if you have the 4th hero (like Valla), your backline will be dead. What do I recommend? If aa, Raynor. Why? Fatter, has heal, Q to hit enemies back, some bonus movespeed. He doesn’t deal so much dmg as Valla, but why does he need to do that if you have second dmg for that, right? Don’t want Raynor? There are Zul, Grey, Tychus, Valeera, Zera, Cassia, Fenix, Kerrigan, Thrall.

And don’t say “But you are Tassadar and you must shield Valla to save her, and you have healer for that”. What about other my and healer’s 3 teammates? That the main reason why I don’t play Tassadar with Valla, Tracer ( sorry SamiSha ), Illidan.

Have a REALLY GOOD players on such heroes? Ok, play. But I don’t have.

2.2 MAIN Tank
Half or less tank heroes can be solo tanks. Best - Diablo, Johanna, Stitches, Muradin. What to NOT PICK as MAIN Tank to team with Tass - Rexxar, Sonia, Zarya, Leo, Chen, Artanis, D.Va. Other heroes, which I didn’t name, can be solo tanks somehow.

2.3 Healer, what won’t die so fast.
Reghar, Uther, and Khara are the best, They are fat enough to survive and can do some troubles to backlines, what attack them.

3 Your team
Tassadar has the lowest winrate and maybe popularity. People don’t like Tassadar because they think that Tass = autolose. You must be sure that your team ready to play with your Tassadar. On other way - troll pick, throwed game, reports, bad day.
Ask your team about heroes, roles, what are good on map, with Tass. Say about your talents (quest, 4 lvl upgrade of Shield (ask yourteam what they prefer), ult). If someone start to be toxic because Tass, I prefer to mute him - silence is gold.

4 When to pick?
1 phase - no!
2 phase - sometimes.
3 phase - the best one! You see your pick and enemy and can see your counters.

5 What heroes are BAD vs him?
Alarak - the worst one. Won’t give you to breath.
Zagara - same. You WON’T be able to stay solo lane vs her.
Vallera - counters you as hard as you her.
Varian - shield breaker, any Varian counters you.
KTZ - his combo CDs faster than your E. + antishield talent on 4 lvl.
Stukov - silence + immobilization.
Malf - same.
Hammer - how to come close to her?
Azmo - give me another Q, please!
Genji - you a joke to him.
Sylvana - 50/50 + her ults.

Abilities
finally

Q - shield
Bonus hp for 4 seconds with lifesteal from AA. Can use on everything, except camps (thanks Blizz). Has 1, 4 and 7 lvl talents to be upgraded (more HP for shield, buffs and range).
Buffs:
More lifesteal (2#)
15 armor (1#)
20% movespeed (3#)
I pointed them from best to worst.

How to use?
When Teammates lost some HP, give it to him to restore some from aa.
Give more HP to full hp hero if Pyroblast for example.
Buff minion what takes the most dmg on the line to push.
Use it to absorbe, to save from last hit.
Buff teammates. Simple.

W - :zap::zap::zap:
AoE dmg, what is good for waveclear. The best one within supports, healers.
Good zoning, effective on objects like Volskaya.
W quest makes it so much better, 7 lvl - bonus range and 16 lvl - 2 W for once or -25 AoE AA armor.

E - … this … , I’m out! or Can’t touch me!
Press E to be unkillable! Has 30 seconds cooldown, so… Don’t spam it. Good Tass will have 0 deaths even with that long cooldown.

ULTS!!!

Arhon, or DIE YOU PIECE OF…

For 10 seconds you become a killer! With your max HP you can easily die after stun or silence or burst dmg, when you come closer to attack.
Restore your E, if you used it before.
Give free Q.
Slow from AA.
Die, die, DIE!!!

WALL or YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Every 8 seconds you can build a wall, what give you so many things.
Save your teammates.
Catch enemies.
Zone them.
Give a gift for Diablo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your D!
Can see everything around you for 5 seconds. CD 30 sc., can be reduced to 15 sc.

TALENTS!
1 W - wanna be a mage?
AA - wanna be a range assasin?
Q - Try to dmg me!
4 Armor - burst dmg can lick my…
Lifesteal - I feel so much better, attacking you!
Movespeed - Gotta go fast!
7 Range - You can’t see me, but you feel me!
W slow - why are you so fast?
Better D - None can escape my sight!
10 I said enough about that!
13 Double E duration - You WON’T kill me!
Less CD because your D ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-75% dmg - I expected more from your Pyroblast, Kael!
16 More painful AA from W
Free W
Mini Tychus
20 ENDLESS ARHON
ENDLESS WALLS
TRIPLE AA
MORE SHIELDS

Leagues, where Tass pickable:
Brozne - Idk.
Silver - no.
Gold - NO GOD PLEASE NO!
Platinum - better.
Diamond - GOOD!
Master - Marry me! :heart_eyes:
Grand Master - aheago face :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/419688509960355842/514941611571019799/tass.jpg

8 Likes

I appreciate your help :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

You forgot to mention you can also solo lane with tassadar against certain heroes.

Though, his main method of solo laning is simply removing the wave they’re trying to push with, ideally against slow waveclearers that are simply there to soak the lane.

1 Like

I play with Tass a lot, and my best advices are:
1- In level 1 and 16 always pick psi infusion and psionic eco, other talents are not good currently.
2- Do the lane early game, without ults you are useful like old raynor.
3- Don’t spam shields, the 4 seconds gap without shields is really important.
4- Use psi storm mostly in minions, casting it on heroes is almost useless unlest you know you can kill confirm.
5- Archon AA is not amazing against 1 target so don’t try to go 1 vs 1 against assasins.

2 Likes

After the Leoric’s guide by DJPea I was asking myself if we’ll ever seen a Tassadar’s guide by DrLogan.

Seems that this year Christmas has arrived earlier than usual.
Good job man!

1 Like

I have a friend that only plays Morales and i have to say that the games where i played Tassadar with him were really fun. I used the movementspeed shields since we already got enough heals and armor buffs from Morales and it helps Morales to escape better from a bad position. Stimmdrone on Tassadar is also really fun, either for Archon or AA build.

Somehow i almost never see other good Tassadar players in the game. It’s already a rare pick but then when you get to see one they are not that usefull for their team and die a lot…

1 Like

When you are useful, don’t die, and your team anyway lose. At the end they say: “That’s definitely Tassadar’s fault. Report him”.
tassadar_rage_face.jpg

2 Likes

I think something like this can happen with any hero. Some noobs will always find someone else to blame and i can’t take them seriously so these comments are not even rage inducing for me…
On the other hand i also have plenty of games where i get the MVP and players thank me with plenty of upvotes… so these games compensate the bad experience you sometimes can have.

The bonus of playing Tassadar is that i can troll my teammates harder than they can troll me. I will wall off some of my own teammates so that they will feed the whole game long if they are too obnoxious and annoying.

1 Like

Very useful and nice thread.

2 Likes

Welcome back, partner!

3 Likes

I like your guide ! Its a different take from mine with more humor on it .
Its nice to see different point of view of other tass player , thank you ! :+1:

1 Like

No, thank YOU for being Tassadar’s fan.

1 Like

How do you get value of W build?

1 Like

Why are you reviving ancient forums?

Is this your necro exam Xul gave you.

Hope you pass the test.

1 Like

I searched how to tassadar

3 Likes

4 Likes

Horsingaround, are you horsinaround at the poor good Dr. Logan’s expense? Don’t rub salt in the wounds of the dear departed support Tassadar. :cry:

2 Likes

deep breath

Why?

Q
Shield or Wall
W after hitting Q
Depends
Depends
Faster W dmg
Ult it Wall range

You poke enemies by W+Q combo, I recommend to have allies with cc to keep enemies on W long enough for more damage. Hit Q at the middle-end of the first W to make second W deal full damage because full charge.

1 Like