How To Make HOTS Grow

Or, release Andariel :stuck_out_tongue:
https://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com/attachments/22/350/a1-andariel.jpg
nsfw

They just made classic white Texas-man in OW a gay just for PR and SJW-shield. ( or to troll white maority, dunno). I wouldnt expect such moves, sadly.

1 Like

Yes, because apprently showing one single line from Soldier 76 in a comic screams SJWism or PR… this thread is really taking a turn.

1 Like

Its going into maintenance. They are putting it on the back burner. No sweeping changes but hey its ok to dream.

1 Like

look at these cute fanbois finally discussing state of the game,

after years spamming comment such “the game is fine, go back to dota/lol”

oh yes, this forum flooded with fanbois tears now

with laugh :sparkling_heart: cheers :wink:

2 Likes

After making their reporting system automated and banning everyone they realized that no one was left to play the game.

Having a business model that caters to snowflakes did not work when they assumed more people would join after forcing out the old guard.

They made an assu out of u and me.

2 Likes

Use a matchmaker that doesn’t punish you for winning would be a start.

5 Likes

After making their reporting system automated and NOT assign AGAIN with banning players (if u thing that player database is low DELETE regions)

It looks pretty nice! Did you have any particular inspiration behind it?

Listen, I know it’s a difficult concept to grasp, but hear me out here:
Games need money to grow, ergo, making money easier to spend on a game makes it easier for that game to grow.
Blizzard did a really poor job of monetizing HOTS - they had it pretty good before 2.0, but then put too much stock in Loot Boxes instead of just letting people buy what they wanted. Players worked around it and as a result HOTS wasn’t as profitable as it could’ve been. The problem is still fixable if they act quickly enough to reinvigorate the community and the cashflow.

I know you didn’t, but my point still stands. It takes a not-insignificant amount of time to build up 10k gold, a time investment that most new players aren’t willing to put forth just to be able to try the hero they want in a real game.

They might. It’s not unheard of for an underperforming project to be revitalized instead of trying to move on to making a new product. Y’know, like Diablo 3.

nah, pessimism is lame

I have no idea how you can hold this view when Tychus has a banana hammock skin and Alex is basically the queen of TnA.

it’s too late, your money is gay now

1 Like

That’s just a recolor I’ve been wanting for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Why you need recolors guys? what if there was color customization of every single model part:

It’s first officially localized Gundam game on pc, maybe outside of “capsule fighter” i played long time ago but they closed servers.
Gameplay is meh it feels a bit like MOBA but the customization on every part is amazing.
2 Likes

You know implementing a such system is minimal work (I myself also experimented with it)

lol I even suggested it in the past in the old forums, but the players reaction wasn’t positive either. Not like bli$$ard would care about player ideas…

2 Likes

Wrong the problem is they spent to too much time and resources on a pro scene that failed to produce new players.

While games like fortnite pump out skins and dances and crazy new additions that keep players hooked.

The pro scene is a money sink. The people giving Blizzard money were left with nothing to buy because of the money sink.

It was a huge mistake for Blizzard to start a pro scene so early in the life of a game. They should have sunk all that money into skins/cosmetics/new maps and crazy heroes. Get people to invest their money and they will become dedicated players.

If the player base gets large enough and the resources are there then maybe you can invest in a pro scene. A pro scene will always be a huge risk since the gaming industry jumps from fad to fad. Games get boring and people move on.

7 Likes

Even one “color customizable skin” for each character would be cool, because it probably depends on how the skin palettes are made. As every color of a skin must be seperated. For example Q3A had team skins that were fully color customizable. Blizz should show these LoL fools what real “chroma” is.

1 Like

Lore-chief sayed it canon, single lane or not. And its done in middle of the crysis. Typical move for media company to bring LGBT on table during a production or PR fiasco.

Bit skeptical about step 1 but the other 2 I like!

The game is in the maintenance mode and the developers left to make Diablo work on your phone even though no one wants to play Diablo on their phone.

However simple things could be done like combine TL and HL.

2 Likes

hello again friends sorry for taking a week to reply i was busy

have an Army Man Raynor inspired by the portrait from the Toy event:

'cause then you can’t sell skin variants. Although I’d definitely be down for Legendary or Mythic variants of currently existing skins being added that you could customize in such a manner - best of both worlds!

Basically, yeah. You construct a house by starting with the foundation and building up, not hanging a roof and shoving stuff underneath it.

Why are you skeptical about making the game more accessible?

It’s funny that you say that they’re “simple” when such a change would require an enormous amount of work. There’s a lot of backend stuff to consider, let alone the mea culpa changes that would have to go into combining the various MMRs and rankings. For example, should Hero League or Team League ranking take precedence? What if the player is GM in one and Bronze in the other? How do you reconcile that?

2 Likes

Excellent read. You make a lot of great points Kith, especially with the gem system. It is insane that I have to pay 900 gems to get a 3-pack of whitemane skins, when there is only one skin I actually want and I cannot pay 300 gems for just that one.

Even the fact that it says “This item is not purchaseable” in the hero selection / loadout screen is incredibly strange considering you WANT players to purchase in game items. If I didn’t know any better I would just assume those items were not available whatsoever.

Like you said, there are so many things in this game that are “almost but not quite there”. It seriously makes me wonder if they actually have marketing and finance professionals looking at monetization, or if they are just winging it. Either way I really hope they address the whole gold / shard / gem system to better incentivize and enable players to buy the things they want.

I’ve spent about 80-$100 on this game prior to HOTS 2.0. My only purchase since then is maybe $20 in gems to afford a 360 day stimpack. If I was able to get exactly what I want, I would actually spend gems for the gem-only items. In fact, I might even purchase more gems with real money!

1 Like

You can’t buy single skin, because it’s not a “single skin”. Gem system still is working like old money system where 1 skin was just a pack of few tints.
I think they can’t really change it, because you gain free gems from leveling up, so sooner or later you will get paywall skin for free anyway.
The problem is your mentality, you called it a “single skin”, while before 2.0 you bought bundles of many tints as a “single skin” paying almost the same like now on sale and it was okay.

1 Like