How to increase the player base

Personally, I’d like to see 3.0, with a massive release of like a hero from each universe. I also think there could be better advertising. does anyone have any idea how Blizz could make that work with all the people the team lost? It feels like Blizz is giving up on HotS, which is an idea that I dislike.

1 Like

Tons of new heroes is something that caters to existing players. For new players it doesn’t make much of a difference.

14 Likes

Advertising the game.

12 Likes

Hots has made a lot of advertising for the game last year,
you remember?
It was unfortunately quite negative advertising. I think that this game have a really hard time for at least a half year if not more.
But they have now the opportunity to work on the really important things of the game.
Unfortunately, they did this again and again behind and rather have heroes and maps published as there is no tomorrow.

2 Likes

Of my entirety of playing this game, I have never seen a single ad for this game ever.

13 Likes
  • stop balancing around garbage players.

-start balancing around skilled players and the idea that bad players NEED to get better to do better.

• buff/rework weaker heroes instead of constantly nerfing strong ones.

• LISTEN to feedback. If there is universal disdain for certain proposed changes, ask skilled players to be sure and you’ll probably get a good answer. Alternatively, if people of all skill levels universally or near-universally agree that something is/would be good (like making a permanent ARAM mode, revamping the punishment system, etc) then it makes sense to listen and try making those changes as well.

12 Likes

Google Heroes of the storm Hgc and you will see the advertising
Advertising does not just mean that you produce a commercial and broadcast it

I think they try , we will see it in the next season believe they know they have make many mistakes and the Devs work on that

Just Google-d that and results show nothing when it comes to HGC ads but more of ads that get played on live stream itself ads.

If you have source of HGC being advertised on other websites, or Google ad program please feel free to share.

3 Likes

We had them up until 2.0.

That’s pretty disappointing to see them dump down the whole ad thing on a major update, should have kept it going.

1 Like

There is not only positive advertising for something and yes, they never really existed for Hots.
I’m talking about the negative advertising about Hots but I will not continue the conversation because you know exactly what I mean :wink:

1 Like

Just make a good game :slight_smile:

I give hots a 6.5 / 10

1 Like

Wanna work off of this point

-Better tutorials
-Better filters/gates for modes to ensure some baseline level of skill
-Social functions so players can optimize their gaming experience if desired

While that’d be really great, it’s unfeasible for a couple reasons.
heroes take something like 9 months to make, so unless they decide to hurt the live-game by withholding heroes, this can’t happen. The heroes team also isn’t going to be increased dramatically either given the shuffling of devs off the team and onto other projects.

releasing a ton of heroes at once would probably screw up balance in a big way too.

3 Likes

The last ad i’ve seen was for 2.0.
They probably thought 2.0 would be so good they won’t need more ads.

How increas player base?!..with this way…:

No new player is going to grind heroes in this game. Just make everything free with skins costing shards and gems. Let everyone play every hero from the get go.

1 Like

you would need such a large marketing campaign to show again ANOTHER revamped HOTS that it probably isn’t worth it for Blizz.

I am pretty sure that they advertising the game enough. What do you think Heroes of the Dorm for? Charity?

In my country gaming forum, they knew about HoTS existence yet none of them stick to the game long enough? Do you know what is the reason? Here is the hint: Not because they can’t see the HoTS ad at youtube channel or something. Majority of them just don’t like HoTS core gameplay and exp sharing.

Good for them, what about the rest of the countries.

2 Likes