How to be a master baiter

The art of baiting is a complicated one the most important aspect is confidence and hero knowledge. You will receive a lot of punishment but how many is enough? How much CC do they have and how many dmg

The best way to bait is to actually make sure they have the upperhand. And thats most likely what you need to do. Give the enemy an advantage and trust your allies

If you have a escape lets say tormented souls or sleep dart. Use it when they gank you

An inmobile healer who is out of positiom is often the target people go for. So dont use your abilitys offensive but defensive

The best baits are doing camps then rush the enemy because you force them to do something. Or a hero “alone” and out of position

Best heroes for baiting are malthael/uther after 20
Leoric because of his cheat death
Artanis because he isnt a hero but a punchbag

Tldr

1. Always have teammates neirby
  2. Give the enemy the feeling like they have the upper hand
  3. Know thy enemy
  4. Always have an escape in mind
4 Likes

Frankly , the best bait ever is playing zeratul I swear the world turns against you the moment you appear on the screen.
Heck i get less attention when i go AA probius on the backline than when i come accross the screen as zeratul to pick an xp globe.

2 Likes

You forgot having a well supplied stock of napkins.

8 Likes

Just had a game today as Aba were i baited tracer into my minefied twice during the game. Just placed a bunch of mines on top of myself and had my locust bait her . Then i could just watch her instant blink to my location and die.

2 Likes

I’m a kleenex guy myself, but to each his own.

anabanana, you are one sick puppy :expressionless:

Here’s a simpler version:

1. Play ana
  2. Shoot sleep dart in a random direction
  3. Get a lucky hit
  4. collapse and kill
  5. snowball
  6. win

4head

Whitemane used to be the best baiter. Her being “weak against dive” was something akin of a joke. For the record this moment pretty much tilted the enemy team and let us win the entire match.

She’s still shockingly good sponge against those daring to attack her but she’s less ridiculous compared to before.

2 Likes

Why does it feel like this thread was the most interesting one to click on?

Hmmm…

5 Likes