How does Placement work

Hi, Hope you’re all doing well. I would like to know how does the Ranked placement works. I won all 3 games, MVP in one. I got placed in Bronze 3.

Placement matches have not much meaning at all, except your uncertainty is very high there and a few games after that. This means you gain/ lose a big amount of points until it " nomalizes" to 200 points. As for the placement itself, you get placed according to your QM MMR if its the first time. If not, it takes your MMR from previous ranked seasons.

2 Likes

Consider a placement match as any normal match except you will gain and lose ~600 points, which are not shown to you until you finish 3 placements.

That’s how little effect it has. So if your last rank was Bronze 4, it is very possible with 3 wins you will place at the top of Bronze 3. Also, MVP doesn’t effect point gain in SL. Awards are cosmetic.

1 Like