HOTS - which server to play on?

Hi,

I have been playing HOTS (located in SEA) for number of years now and really like the game, i left the game for a year now. When i got back the game recently i am not able to get a game in storm league (at all) in Singapore server.

I then tried AUS server (Ping around 140ms, but playable), same thing, cant get a game.

US server is unplayable with 250ms ping, laggy.

Above servers are where my main account is on. Level 500++. Almost got all heroes at one point.

I tried Korean server (Ping around 100ms), not main account, so cant get into storm league, i can only play guick match. The problem here of course is the language barrier where i cannot understand Korean when communicating with the players.

Based on the above, can blizzard do something about the server consolidation for Asia/Oceania players?

1 Like

There’s nothing they can do. You literally don’t have enough players

2 Likes

What mode are you talking about? You won’t find Ranked games at all on SEA/Oceania servers, but you will still find QM games, at least according to my old D3 friends.

You may have to start a new account (your same account, but you won’t own any heroes) and log in via the Asia servers, they are still relatively active and will give you better ping than the US.

*My bad, I just saw you said ranked. I would give the Asian servers a try if you don’t mind starting your account from scratch. Otherwise as Rum said, there are limited windows you can play in the SG and AU servers.

1 Like

What time are you trying to play? I find you can normally get games on the ANZ server between 1700-0100 AEST with about 10 minute queues. Between 1900-2300 It’s about 5 minute queues.
If I set my server to “best match” I can sometimes get Singapore server SL at night around similar hours.

My suggestion if you don’t want to make a new account on an Asian server maybe try NA. It takes a while but you do get used to the higher ping (I play on NA during the off hours)

2 Likes

If the ping differences make NA intolerable, I’d do what WhyDaRumGone suggested and go to ANZ.

Ranked ques are still pretty long there and it doesn’t have much of a population, but at least you’ll get a game if you wait long enough. It might be rainbow though (people of all ranks, not just near your rank)

1 Like

ya i ocassionally get matches in SG/ANZ servers, though i did not note on the time.

Now i have no choice but to play in Asia servers (Taiwan / Korea). The ping there is very much playable. (100+ms)

Its sad this game is dying…:frowning:

How’s your ping in EU? It’s currently the largest populated server.

EU ping is around 250+ms, cant bare with the delay when issuing a command. Its hard to land.

1 Like