Hots Game is broken on our Dell Laptop

For the last couple of months or maybe a year now, I’ve been really patient with the game, until now that I’m pretty much getting frustrated on how the game always crashes (like it pauses and everything else freezes, and even makes the screen totally black), glitches (like the characters models like literally stretches out, like Kerrigan’s Bra or her Hands, and even creates like this weird flickering broken shadows in some arenas like Garden of Terror and the Dessert Arena), always reconnecting even though the internet is fine, and even makes our new laptop unresponsive (leaving me no choice but to forcefully shut it down), and now it so broken that it just closes on its own, returning to the desktop screen, can you imagine the frustration I’m exp. to the point that i can’t even play the game properly, i can only play it on nearby comp shops, but i really cant go there everytime, and i wanted to play the game on the comfort of my own home, but i guess that’s too much to ask…

I’ve been hanging around in the Character Recommendations forum for quite some time now, suggesting and even creating concepts, knowing that I’m still quite under level in comparison to others and i cant even finish that toy special event because of the problem…

Though usually after the game crashes, it’ll always send report message of some sort to verify the problem and probably fix the problem, but nothing has happened sadly…

I’m using a Dell Inspiron 14 3000 Series I believe and if that’s what you call it, it has AMD Radeon Graphics, not the best laptop to play games? Maybe?.. And yet I can play Dota 2 and Smite perfectly just fine, except Hots for some reason, I’ve tried everything from lowering the Graphics setting, disabled some stuff that consumes a lot of frame rate according to Hots itself and etc… I’ve even searched for some solutions but I’m no computer expert and can’t really understand those things…

I’m really on the edge of giving it up but i wanted to give it chance…
So all I’m asking is please help and fix this… :sweat:
I really dont know what to do any more… Thanks…

you will need to post your DXDiag so that anyone looking at your thread can start helping you.

I’m done doing Dxdiag thing, so how am i suppose to post it here? I tried searching for some but it didn’t give me any direct answers…

all you do is copy and paste all the text into a post. then highlight your text and press </> to make sure it is all enclosed in a code block so it is easier to read. :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m really sorry for taking this such a long time, our laptop just used by my mom for her job, but now I’ve got it!!

the question is, I’m trying to reply here with the Dxdiag but it says it has to many characters hence why it cant be posted, so what do i do?..

have never seen it do that before. something you can do is google drive or pastebin. if you use pastebin (use these options: paste expiration- 1 week, paste exposure- unlisted).

then what you want to do:
for google drive you copy your text document with it to google. then use google link shortener and paste the link here.

for pastebin you copy the entire DXDiag to the unlisted paste you are creating. then use google link shortener and paste the link here.

most links have to be put into code blocks (highlight and press </>) or the forum doesnt allow them. google uses a nonstandard link but if you have a problem with it try that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VNl1UTPzmYUVEms7Z_9xv-DXM5CStAhLlMv0-kApHqo/edit?usp=sharing

ok, i looked over your DXDiag and there could be a couple issues that i have seen occurring on your PC.

1. would be that the devs have mentioned that outdated Intel Integrated Graphics drivers may cause odd glitches and crashing. your machine does use an Intel HD 620

2. looking farther down in the list i found you also have dedicated graphics. you have a AMD R5 M430. you should be able to right click on your programs and click something like ‘run with graphics…’ and select the graphics card to check if it helps.

now to fix it if this is just that your computer has become confused from an update or something you should be able to just update your AMD Drivers. if that doesnt fix it though, then you may need to adjust a couple settings.

here is a good stable AMD driver. it is the one i currently use for my AMD desktop card. there are newer drivers out, but they are experiencing various issues with stuttering and other things so you may not want to update to those until they get them fixed.
https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.9.3-oct5.exe

if updating alone doesnt work try this:

• open your AMD Settings and
  • go to Preferences
  • go to Radeon Additional Settings

now here you can select Power Play for power options. you can also select individual applications by going to “Switchable Graphics Application Settings” and adding your program. you might want to add Heroes of the Storm and make it High Performance.

1 Like

Ok thank you so much, I’ll try out some of these and hopefully it works!!

I’ll update and say it here if it still doesn’t work…