Honestly, how does a Halloween event not even last TO Halloween?

Not mad or anything, just found it funny.

53 Likes

I thought this was supposed to be an event about events going on ‘in the Nexus’ since the Raven Lord and the Lady of the Garden (or whatever her name is, I can’t seem to locate it at present) were the primary characters… While it LOOKS ‘halloween-y’, it doesn’t look like the events of past Halloweens.

2 Likes

It replaced this year’s Hallow’s End event.

People are understandably upset that it didn’t last until Halloween.

15 Likes

Well, it’s a Halloween event to me because it’s when you buy the Halloween skins.

21 Likes

I opened the discussion on this as well. I just hate how poorly they communicated the event time lapse.

13 Likes

They moved the event up a couple weeks so it wouldn’t overlap with other halloween events from OW and WoW. Also to give more space between events like halloween, blizzcon, christmas and chinese new year.

2 Likes

I have to agree. At least the loot boxes with the Halloween stuff in them should have been continued through Halloween, even if the quests didn’t.

15 Likes

I can only assume they have something they want to do between now and Xmas.

1 Like

Please ask the same question but replace Halloween with Summer.

5 Likes

I stand corrected. I’d forgotten that the past halloween items were in the boxes, since the only ones I got were either from the quest they had or level-drops.

That said, with how close Blizzcon is to Halloween, I’m sure they’ll do something to tie in HotS as an excuse to give us the Hallows Eve boxes, maybe extra stuff for the people that went or bought the virtual pass.

2 Likes

Hi event page that showed the dates of the event from the get-go.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/events/fall-of-kings-crest/

2 Likes

Between Garden of Terror, Broken Mal’Ganis, and an event that doesn’t even last until the holiday it’s about… They may be TRYING to kill the game

6 Likes

No, obviously they did the same thing with the Summer event, began somewhere late May and ended at 12 June, 9 days before Summer, but no one complained about that for some reason.

It seems there’s a reason why they are doing it too early, probably something big who knows.

3 Likes

That’s not good enough, mate. I’m talking about clearly visible on the launcher, the in-game client home page, as well as updated on the quests themselves counting down how many days we have left. If other games do it, and it works well (because it gets people to play more in the given amount of time,) then there is no reason HOTS shouldn’t pick this up, too.

I shouldn’t have to go on another site to be reminded (or told) when it ends.

4 Likes

I thought that there was the little indicator in the corner of the event quest that said how long the event was around for? Sure, that doesn’t help the people who sped through the quest… But still.

And I always am awestruck by people who wait till the last possible second to get things, or they don’t click on and read a small bit of text to be aware of when something ends so they can plan accordingly.

4 Likes

minus the part of you needing to go to ‘another site’. Blizz has a hub of sites for conveying details of their events for their games on splash pages associated with their sites, which by way of you being on this forum, indicates its something you use.

Of the tabs displayed in the launcher, did you actually click on anything to, oh I dunno, ‘learn more’?

The funny bit of your assertion on other games, ‘doing it’ (pertaining to launcher news) is that a number of games also have separate areas for the full announcements via blogs or the like. Part of the idea of places having a network of information resources is to get people to be involved in other aspects of that game’s network: if things are linked to outside sources, people may check those out, which in turn, may cause them to say… get involved in forums or other things as well.

1 Like

I guess because…

3 events (halloween, christmas, new year) are pretty close to each other by default. Spreading them a bit makes more sense instead of clumping them together as tight as possible. Also, I’d rather not choose between playing the event and real life stuff based on those dates.

I get having to complete quest lines within a certain amount of time to unlock guaranteed items but taking away the loot chests and items from store make no sense. Summer chests should have been up for like 3 months, you know, for like the duration of the summer. What’s the harm in allowing loot chests and store items to be up longer? If it’s a money thing, Blizz can offer a “Summer Pass” available for purchase that converts all chests into summer chests for the duration of summer. And a Hallows End pass for the month of Oct, a Winter Veil pass for the months of December and January etc etc etc. Make it happen Blizz, I’d spend the money.

2 Likes

I think you’re missing my argument.

I’m saying there is a lack of communication. You can never over-communicate, and if Overwatch can clearly label the event, than so can HOTS.

I actually never use forums, but I thought this would be a way to make it known to Blizzard that I think something to be done.

Welp, looks like we got another Soon-to-be megathread on our hands…