Heroes of the Storm Update - Feb 08, 2019

Good luck going foward. it’s not easy.

May the team be proud of themself at the end of it, if it isn’t already the case, because you should.

They could also do a limit of how many times you can convert gold to shards in a day or week.

Curious to hear what the ranked changes are gonna be and how the new role system would affect the MM… Guess it’s nice to hear gold will have value, other than that not keeping my hopes high (yet)

Thanks and GL HF :slight_smile:

this sounds like what was needed for cosmetics. this way they can be bought for either Gems or Shards. so you can get them right now or grind them out for free and it take a while.

though you say only skins?
what about the mounts? if you look at the Plushie Unicorns. shard only and very expensive. i realize you also say you allow changing gold over… but what if you have no gold either. this is why ppl were asking for gem option in addition to the standard options. many ppl may miss out on things like this because they just get unlucky with drops or they dont have enough shards. additionally they wont have enough gold because the gold is used to buy heroes for their roster when they do actually have it.

so to summarize this is what it should be…
skins [shards] ==> [shards]+[gem]
mounts [shards] ==> [shards]+[gem]
heroes [gold]+[gem] ==> no change
banners/sprays [shard] ==> [shard]+[gem]
announcer [shard] ==> [shard]+[gem]
etc… you get the point right?

essentially everything can purchased with gems or it has the free option if you want to grind it out.

:blue_book: :spiral_notepad: blue post

1 Like

Thank you for the update, please do keep in touch often. Hoping to see one new map this year and maybe a cool event. My favorite so far was the Eternal Conflict event. Everything was perfect, two maps, heroes, skins, etc. I know this is a huge asking for a small team, but having one big event maybe this summer or fall would be awesome. Keep up with the matchmaker changes, perfecting this is paramount. Rework heroes that have been waiting for a while; Tassadar, Chen. Don’t be afraid to step into the unknown.

I’m 99% sure they will be there this Tuesday along with the new skins. Just like how the Sun’s out, Gun’s out skins were there along side Nexomania skins. If not, I saved shards to buy the skins for a year for nothing. I will also be super disappointed that I wont get a second chance to get a really nice skin.

Thanks blizzard for this update.

One request and feedback, could you please fix the queue times for new accounts on the lesser played e.g. Singapore servers?

I’m trying to pull friends into the game but while my own quickmatch queue time is 5 minutes at most, my friends often have to search for hours before finding a game. Please remove the new player queue restriction after a player has spent more than 5 minutes in queue. After a certain length of time it becomes more important to find a game and quality of natch is less important. If you continue giving new players queues several hours long it will kill the game

Come on, did you read the OP ?

So…

… you should be disappointed… :wink:

Great, but now it is too late. What you propose here should be introduced in 2017 together with the HOTS 2.0 update, or a few months later as a hotfix to HOTS 2.0.
For 3 years you could not use the potential of this great game, you could not monetize it, you were deaf to the ideas and suggestions of the community.
If such information was announced 2 months ago it would be a good sign, a promise to improve the HOTS situation, everyone would be happy.
Now it does not matter, because most of the players have already gone, especially players who could play and understand the game. Each match is frustrating in every mode because you can not count on allies, because the allies do not know how to play. Theoretically, I could play with friends, but I can not, because they have already forgiven, they do not play anymore, they do not log in anymore.
I know that it is not the hots team that is responsible for resetting the HGC, but it is your team that is responsible for the development of this game, while the development is almost zero. If you care about this game, during the AMA session, in addition to answering questions, ask a few questions for us.

One of many of my answers: Yes, I would like the master skins to come back.

3 Likes

I did not, and if my logic is correct, I’m right.

What if they just double the number of free weekly characters, or make the characters free for 2 weeks and reduced the price of of characters in the free rotation by 25% or 50%?

1 Like

Let’s agree to disagree then :smile:
I understood that the Resistance Event will take place this current week, and the Lunar Event reworked as a Spring Event will take place on next month :sweat_smile:

So basically, in my head this is what this message says:

Hey guys, it’s the HotS Team again! Remember when we halved our dev size? Bc we’re really struggling to keep pushing new content while also trying to fix the game. Just like when we released 2.0 to revive the game, we’re not going to listen to your issues about matchmaking despite the fact that Dota 2 (lol we sure screwed up there I guess) and LoL can fix their matchmaking better than we can so now we compete with Smite. ANYWAYS, NEW SKINS OUT TODAY !!! NEW HERO SOON !!! SEASONAL EVENTS (so we can hopefully have some time to do real reworks on heroes no one wants!! lol but i bet u think this is so we can fix it- wrong - we’re blizz. Alright hopefully these will be spaced out enough so we can keep getting money XOXO, Blizz.

Damn, I don’t know what it is anymore but Blizzard is seriously losing it’s edge, and it’s not just Heroes of the Storm either.

3 Likes

You are right. It seemed a little confusing to me for some reason…

1 Like

Congratulations on firing over 800 people.

2 Likes

You don’t feel that you NEED to buy the 1-year stimpack yet? Don’t worry, you’ll get there.

well now playing vs elite AI is super boring and can be completed in 5 minute. not sure where are the improvements

The last AI update is horible. Bots are all the time in camps from the first minute. It’s like you play against the buildings.

4 Likes

salt