Heroes of the Storm Revived

So! Bobbi is out of the house. When are you guys getting back to further development of the game? I am asking that “skeleton crew” of Blizzards that is keepin the body in infused coma. Get it to your management! The game must be revived! Do it!

2 Likes

“Bobbi” wasn’t the only problem. Long story short, they likely won’t do anything but minor updates here and there.

I even doubt Microsoft would want to heavily invest in this game instead of making a new one.

5 Likes

I keep saying I’ll just be happy if MS keeps the Hots servers running and graces us with some occasional bug fix patches. As much as I enjoy Hots, it’s an old game built on an outdated engine and currently, everything can be bought for free by grinding.

Unlike Blizzard, we aren’t privy to data such as how many active daily users Hots has, or how much money it generates. I make no claims of having any kind of business credentials, but I would imagine monetization and the active user base would be factors in any revival.

2 Likes

Exactly. As long as we can keep playing the game with some minor patches here and there, I think it’s fine. Not what most of us wanted, but at least we can still play it.

Now, if MS ever considers doing something big for HOTS, I believe it’s much more likely that they do a new game (HOTS 3.0?), with a new engine etc.

2 Likes

You know, this thread reminds me of how the hearthstone team announced the closure of one of their modes (duels) yesterday.

Not saying that and heroes are necessarily related, but maybe it’s time to scale back expectations.

2 Likes

People still play that game? It’s worse than HotS