Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - January 17, 2024

Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes - January 17, 2024

Our next Heroes of the Storm patch has just hit the Public Test Realm and will be available for playtesting.

View Full Article

23 Likes

egad

edit summary: sylvanas was still ruining the nexus.

lotta bug fixes for: -armor priority; possession, multi-targeting hitting inactice mercs, vision consistency, and medivh

1 Like

Neat, a big fix patch.

1 Like

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

6 SECONDS ENTERING PORTAL TO HAVE 50 ARMOR?!?!??!

omg medivh buffs came out from a horror movie :sob:

14 Likes

The forums were due some sunshine.

I know they are small, but colored me shocked at actual balance changes, along with the bug fixes.

Thanks for your hard work, Dev!

11 Likes

Yup! 3x as many balance updates as the last patch.

Wish they’d just yank Azmo from ARAM.

1 Like

Great, just what I need, more people blaming me for not picking jugs.

I’d always known water dragon was better, but jeeze, just looked at HP and saw how low jugs actually is in the recent patch, and what’s crazy is how many people pick it anyways.

1 Like
  • Mal’Ganis
  • Included Vampire to search text for Mal’Ganis.

Oh thank goodness…

7 Likes
  • Blackheart’s Bay
    • Chests now feature a warning indicator for the coin land location.

Thank you for that. I mean, I don’t WANT to play on BH’s bay, but if I end up on it I’ll appreciate that.

However, this patch buffs Medhiv so I hate it!

4 Likes

HOTS patch?? Is microsoft trying to revive this game :smiley:

1 Like

You receive a raven familiar each time you click the portal, but mage armor only on first click.

New value and duration is insane and potentially game breaking.

3 Likes

This must be the Happy New Year patch that is just a wee bit late. That Medivh buff feels like it came out of left field though. Not sure what to think about the buffs for Nova.

3 Likes

I’m loving the Nova changes. I’ve been taking One in the Chamber since the last nerf, and to be honest it hasn’t felt too bad. However, I have been taking Anti-Armor Shells on occasion when my team has a lot of AA damage. This is a huge buff to that playstyle.

5 Likes

Great to see actual balance changes instead of only just bugfixes.

Horrified to see Medivh buffs.

…At least there aren’t nearly as many skilled Medivhs out there as other heroes I suppose. I doubt it will be anything like say, Zagara appearing in every single game ever after her big buff patch.

2 Likes

About time dev guys !!!

2 Likes

Medivh buffs are in order I think. This particular one, sounds potentially devastating on first glance, even when it was first introduced without the buffs. On demand armor for any of your allies! But the talent as it functions in practice often leaves a LOT of value off the table.

Medivh portals are more often than not, used to retreat. When that happens, the function of armor is often pointless. It’s like giving Morales safeguard armor on an ally who has already gotten away.

The second most used function for portal is using it to help dive/catch up to finish off retreating enemies. In those cases, the enemy is already on their back foot, and though you might get some incidental damage as enemy allies might be throwing cover fire, their priority isn’t doing damage, it’s surviving. This will be helpful with tower diving though.

The remaining function in which mage armor will be most useful is using offensive portals directly in the heart of combat where both sides are hard engaging, and that’s just not how portals are really used. This kind of function also really requires a lot of coordination too. This comes at a cost though, because when you do this, you now LOSE the benefit of using it as a retreat or finisher when you actually do need it for that.

The talent definitely needed changing at, low thirty % win rate, which is out of this world bad. Even when you filter for master/diamond, its effectiveness is awful. But I dunno, the change still makes me uncomfortable, because of the potential. But for the reasons I’ve outlined, maybe it’s not as bad is it might actually be?

I personally would have liked to have seen a more personal buff that was tacked on that would decouple its benefit from requiring portal use and inspired by original mage armor in WOW (Burning Crusade?). One of the annoying things about Medivh are dots. Using guardian shield on yourself for such a short duration often mitigates really little damage. In WOW, mage armor had damage over times fall off 50% faster. Unfortunately, that would require significant changes or maybe even damage classifications for that kind of specific functionality than simple number tweaks.

3 Likes

What the heck patch? Neat!

Those are some pretty big buffs to random things.
Kinda doubt that the li li buff is gonna help her much overall but that ult is gonna do alot of healing now. Casting and then canceling it after half a second for a burst might become a thing.

Medivh change is actually really spicy. 5 seconds is a long time for 50 armor and 50 armor is alot for 5 seconds. I think this one is actually gonna shake things up a bit for people who play him.

And then the nova change is kinda nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Can Yrel have that Medivh buff too? :roll_eyes:
Aegis of Light [30 armor for 4 sec] is suffering at 42% WR on 470 games in dia+.
Whatever.

9 Likes

Medivh just received Uther 20 lvl armor upgrade on lvl 4. And it’s twice long.

Чому?

7 Likes

A thing i would like they fix, it’s that weird download that start everytime we exist the game. Honestly that thing is so annoying and it’s like that for like 2 years now…

5 Likes