Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - November 16, 2023

Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes - November 16, 2023

Heroes of the Storm has just been updated with the patch! Read on for details.

View Full Article

17 Likes

Those difficulty changes are spot on.

10 Likes

okaaayā€¦
How the actual hell is Mei ā€œhardā€ to play?
Valla should be stay easy
maiev isnā€™t very hard
garrosh is not hard either
Malfurion is not hard the players are stupid
Kerrigan ainā€™t hard sheā€™s just awkward

Whitemaneā€¦ actually that checks about right

I would like some thought process please!?

1 Like

update bug fix when? unbelievable

3 Likes

hard no, boring

hahaha no she is not easyā€¦ i dont play her too much but when i see a player picking herā€¦ he will be the top deaths in the gameā€¦ vallas always get destroyed in 0.5 seconds if not babysitted, not common thing in regular matches

iā€™ve played her in aram and she is confusing at first glanceā€¦ if you think she is easy then ur a hots gifted proplayer

the same with vallaā€¦ all my garrosh go with 10% hp left thinking 40 armor will save them but they end up killed in few secondsā€¦ garrosh is fun and not hardā€¦ but he can feed a lot because ppl gets baited for his trait

you need to have high amp in order to heal like a godā€¦ iā€™ve had to use him in aramā€¦ and im very lazy playing himā€¦ the healing over time in shorts fights sucksā€¦ you need to be very good in order to squeeze all the healing/dmg output he can dealā€¦ but for lazy ppl he can be hard to heal like anduin or whitemane

funny but awkardā€¦ anyways i think the devs have in their minds other thingsā€¦ but i do believe that this ā€œeasy to hardā€ dificulty update can be very subjective.

2 Likes

Seeing as a lot of tanks have been moved into the ā€œhardā€ difficulty, I think it has more to do with the expectations of the role rather than simply how difficult the heroā€™s kit in particular is to execute.

10 Likes

Difficulties check out fine in my books. Quite a few of them are just reverts to what they were in the past such as Illidan who had for a long time been classified as Very Hard.

Lots of reveals, hopefully with those out of the way some skill tweaks/buffs are handed out to heroes in desperate need of them.

5 Likes

I am so, so happy for all of those changes - but Brightwing brought down to Easy? Seriously? Thatā€™s just silly

7 Likes

This is a bright spot on the forums, the only negative is now I have to use the B-Net launcher to get the update.

Thatā€™s the only one I disagree with, too. I would have put her to ā€œmediumā€, not because her kit is difficult to play with or understand, but her global nature requires a player to have a decent macro sense to get the most value from BW.

2 Likes

Its good to see bugs are now getting fixed more frequently now although they will properly make new pop up instead.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thrilled to see HotS getting some attention, looking forward to more bug fixes.

Still hoping for the dreaded reconnect fix.

8 Likes

Glad to see some sort of update. The patch notes are weird with all of these Vision changes. I hope to see updates in the future I am willing to pay for Hots 2.

5 Likes

Sheā€™s easy to play, but hard to master. Getting your Es right to kick enemies into your W is quite tricky. Personally I canā€™t do it consistently. But I have seen players who can. Plus, having a ā€œranged tankā€ is also kind of unorthodox.

Naah, Valla has a simple design, but is also difficult to master. As someone else mentioned, Vallas often have tons of deaths precisely because she isnā€™t ā€˜easyā€™.

Oh, she isā€¦ You need A LOT of coordination to play her effectively. You need to consistently hit multiple heroes with your Qs. You need to time your D right. You need to hit the right enemy with W and adapt quickly when 1 moves away from you, while another moves within your attack rangeā€¦ While you can indeed make some plays every now and then with her, even if you arenā€™t a master, she IS very hard to play.
There is also this trick Iā€™ve seen some Maievs pull off, where they E away from you, move into your team, chain everyone and blink to their E, pulling everyone towards their team (and damaging them in the process). Iā€™ve tried doing that. It rarely worksā€¦ I find that enemies just run away from me when I donā€™t engage with E. Sheā€™s definitely not a hero for just about anyone.

Yet again, heā€™s also hard to master, despite almost anyone being able to ā€˜playā€™ him.

Malfurion IS kind a difficult. You need to be hitting enemies with your Ws in order to heal. While hitting skillshots is somewhat of a requirement for playing HotS, most healers donā€™t need to do it in order to heal. Not to mention you need to keep track of your Qs - who has it and who needs it. And he can also be quite mana-hungry. Especially if you arenā€™t experienced with him. I used to not have mana for anything before learning how to play him properly. Heā€™s definitely easier to play than Whitemane, but still in top 5 most tedious to play healers (Ana, Whitemate, Tyrande being in top 3).

She is hardā€¦ hitting your combo can be difficult. And sheā€™s mostly about her combo. Yeah, she can be quite strong with Q build, jumping around enemies. But hitting your combo is still quite important.

So overall I think you are not thinking form the perspective of a new player. And you also give the impression that you think that these labels mean that players shouldnā€™t be able to play ā€œhard / very hardā€ heroes whatsoever.

5 Likes

Hopefully next patch will fix maps so we can have all 15 up so we dont need rotaion and Volskaya dont be broken in

4 Likes

Best joke of the day, nice one, grammar adds that special something

1 Like

Thank you blizzard for the recent patch

7 Likes

Nice yeah :100: Microsoft please revive Hots

9 Likes

The people still working on Heroes of the Storm. Could they bring back that fun dice game or any event for the Holidays? If theyā€™re putting in all this work again at least give us some extra fun on the side. :snowman_with_snow: :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Nice to see some updates :slight_smile:

If the content itself wonā€™t change, I wish theyā€™d at least add the Mines back with all the other maps.

Alsoā€¦ how does that exp change works in ARAM ?
As I understandā€¦ minions wonā€™t grant exp by getting killed from afar as you need to grab the exp orb. Soā€¦ say an Asmodan tosses an orb and kills minions far from the front, thatā€™ll be exp loss ?

Iā€™d love some context for the changes to reveals and the aram exp change. Glad to see some work being done on this game! Also I guess there were a lot of issues with things interacting with evasion huh?