Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes - May 18, 2021

All I know is that it’s crazy that my team fights in mid all game and I look up to see we are only one level behind the team properly soaking LOL!

Anyone else want to talk about this Loan system and how it’s going to ruin team experiences. We already have lane bots. Now we’re going to have people run from fights like an Alarak holding onto the sadism bonuses…

Yup! I do not support this design direction at all.

There is already enough conflict between players who just want to fight, players who never want to fight, and players who just want to win the game. Throwing loan bonuses into that situation will only make it worse.

Even played optimally, loans would make the game more passive and standoffish, i.e. less fun.

Tying the loans to useful abilities only makes matters worse as it incentivizes players to pick these talents which incentivize them to play passively and selfishly.

Awful.

In the game that we saw returned Bundles they are: Viper Bundles, Dark Nexus Bundles, and Mechastorm II Bundle as for others Lunar Festival along with many other event skins and mounts are returned to servers.

That’s exactly what the visual change and collection of XP globes was already supposed to do. I’m not fond of this change at all, it seems to be there to pander to players who are totally lazy. I guess it means in QM I have a better chance of making up for the soak my team often seems to lose while fighting mid.

You can call them lazy, because they love to brawl all day, but it has still a positive effect that Blizzard listen to their customers. I remember players like Tooton, who cries that this game is too makro heavy and Blizzard basically reacted to it and made mikro more important. If makro works less, you need more mikro to win the game. This would also means that better players in general have an easier time to win, because they are better at mikro than bad players, isn’t it?

Maybe Genji or Nova returns to the meta, because that’s a huge buff to him, because their makro sucks. :smiley:

lol! Well I have and I am, they are lazy or just dim. I finished a game in QM where my KT and Chromie managed 3k XP each on GOT, in a 20 minute game! At least now I can pick up what they miss, but it’s infuriating. If the idea of allowing the XP to remain for so long is to help players like this, well it didn’t seem to have the desired effect.

Perhaps, so far what I’ve experimented with the loan talents and by watching other it is a bonus to those with micro ability. Still though, so many are just taking these talents even when it’s not the best choice vs an enemy team. It’s all QM stuff, so that’s to be expected.

1 Like

Isn’t it obvious? It’s new content and people experimenting with it. Give it some time and later on people will (hopefully) realize that’s not the best choice and it becomes more less must pick.

1 Like

Hmmm… Why are not the summer skins back? I think I saw the summer chests on the PTR…

Edit: I can confirm that the treasure chests are “Sun’s Out” chests, but no summer skins???

4 Likes

Good way to get none from me then. No point in getting boosts when the shards are worthless and I am most certainly not paying for skins.

Haa Nexus bundle cant be bought with shards. You need to spend gems on it to get them.
Last year you could buy them with shards now they want money for it lol

3 Likes

But you get gems from your boosts, because you’re leveling faster than others?

I find this odd too… It was one of his most widely used talents, and they simply remove it entirely? Do these guys even play their own game?

It’s going to be worse than Alarak, because now it could be your tank leaving early. And with how QM works, Jo may be your ONLY front line in that match.

All that said, I do approve of the changes to Azmodan, but feel it maybe too little too late to change people’s preferred play-styles with him.

Yep, people often forget it’s 150 gems per 25 player levels.

1 Like

Exactly and since gems is the most valueable ressource ingame I wouldn’t say boosts are meaningless, especially their’re buying COSMETICS and they don’t need them to enjoy th game. Technically they only need heroes to get a full value from this f2p game, that’s why I like Value’s business model so much, because they get you all heroes for free, let people create stuff and earn money with it. Skins are luxury and I would like that there should be sth. special for players, who want to invest money into this game.

Personal story I remember a friend, who put money on this game (he don’t play this game anymore, but he plays WoW), he bought a lot of skins. Compared to me he paid more than me, who only spent 50 euros for 2skins and the green package (buying myself into beta) and I don’t understand why should have the same skins as him… and I play this game more than him. And for me there is no incentive to invest in this game, because you can get everything for free and boosts are just… meh. I don’t need fast levels.

No event skins available, other than in bundles. Bug ? Normal?

1 Like

My understanding is that PbG is now considered a “nice little add-on for his trait”, instead of proper talent worth picking.
Although, thinking about it, PbG was not exactly worth picking before his rework either.

I’m just trying to find out why it was needed from 44 to 26 there has to be an explanation. Pursued by grace is so weak sauce you barely even notice it, yet they gutted it by almost half. Something is fishy here

Because you get it for free now. Before, if you wanted to have a good talent with PbG, you took a 2 second cooldown penalty on Q. Now you get it without affecting Q, so it’s weaker to compensate.

Flash heal was nerfed though 5 sec cd instead of 4

And the main reason I bring it up is because pursued by grace was already “weaker to compensate” since it’s limited to basic attacks whereas before you could proc it with w, e, lightbomb and Varians legacy DoT

I was actually thinking 44 isn’t enough and needed buffs. But something happened on the ptr that I must have missed where it was apparently too strong? But why?

Argument of a troll. Imagine useing a regular posters post count, when your own account is only 1 hour old. Did you ran out of better arguments ? Or do you just dont understand how a forum works.

3 Likes