Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - March 29, 2022

Maybe you’re right, but today I get confused when people have real disorders or not. People get triggered over the weirdest things…

1 Like

Absolutely love this, devs need to listen to him. From someone who exclusively plays QM i feel this strongly.

That’s why you don’t assume things like that. Yes there are super sensitive people today, but if someone tells me they have a mental disorder, I’ll usually be more patient with them.

3 Likes

at this point who cares, as long as they aren’t harming anyone why be mean about it? If say I get triggered everytime a li ming is playing well and i’m not going off the rails by flinging insults or harming someone let me be mad that i hate li ming? Same with anyone else, if they dislike fireworks let them dislike fireworks don’t need to get in there and insult them.

Its not only the fact that they dislike fireworks… but that the stimuli fireworks produce have effects on them greater than just noise and light stimuli. Mental disorders are complicated and its a little more serious than your example of disliking Ming.

I believe we are in agreement here, but I just don’t want to to undermine the seriousness of mental disorders. That’s all.

1 Like

Setting off the equivalent of a half of sick of dynamite in a neighborhood setting (where it’s shaking houses) in a dry season is not a snowflake problem.
Having to throw up all of my food because it feels like someone is doing open heart surgery to my ears without anesthesia and having to worry about blood flowing out of my ears. For me it’s more a psychological and physical problem and less some “snowflake” problem.

2 Likes

more animals go missing/die during july the 4th and new years than the rest of the year. Fireworks are incredibly destructive to the environment, as well as triggering to people with real PTSD like veterans.

They are pretty, but that’s about it. I’d rather not burn 300+ dollars on four pretty little VFX guys

2 Likes

Snowflake is just an extra insulting way of saying you dont even want to try to understand how someone is feeling.

4 Likes

Arent there also soundless fireworks? Like theyre still light pollution but significantly less disruptive imo.

Yes it is.

“Snowflake” is an accusation of demand of privilige as in the general public having to bow to exegaratted demands (of few).

I hope you were paid for this post to boost the economy and only use the device you posted from, that is probably capable of running unproductive games like HotS, solely for productive means.

1 Like

I looked it up to double check and the consensus when used in that way is its just a mean way to call someone sensitive.
I don’t think it has anything to do with privilege or anyone demanding anything.

Commented from a company phone used also to provide legal advice. So yes, that device boosts the economy. And in my work-time so technically I got paid lol.

And yes, fireworks are stupid, not only because of their nature, but mostly because everytime I see someone use it anytime but new year it is a total annoying douchebag.

People or companies are allowed to use fireworks outside of new year as long they got permission from the police first.

You also need permisson to do it on sport events or other kind of events aswell. Fireworks are not just used to celebrate new year.

We live in the social media generation where people now call other people all kind of crap while hiding behind a computer screen. In elementary school in my young days it was mostly noob,newbie, LOL.

Now you got the millennium generation that use workds like woke, ghosted, ok boomer,sus,salty,G.O.A.T and ofc snowflake.

2 Likes

As you noted, the pushing back of seasons is rather the norm for Hots. I remember even when Hots had a full Dev team it was common to have a season extended by anything for a few days to a few weeks.

1 Like