Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - January 19, 2021

Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes - January 19, 2021

Heroes of the Storm has just been updated with Hero balance changes! Read on for details.

View Full Article

20 Likes

CCL coaches and players, get your meta picks ready.

1 Like

And its here. New Anduin levl 20 talent, OP or Varian legacy still better?

The problem with HW:S has always been that it’s too easy to interrupt. I’m all for more rewards if you can pull it off, but Varian’s Legacy is going to be more consistently useful.

9 Likes

I am very good in pulling it off on QM

WHERE ARE MY NOVA CHANGES?!

12 Likes

By the way, I can’t wait for the Tooton rage. Nothing but buffs for Mei.

I might have to revisit her Q build now. That was my personal favourite on the PTR, but in practice it was a bit too weak compared to just upping her survivability.

13 Likes

I’m glad they didn’t kill D’va. Too bad Gaz bomb upgrade survived.

4 Likes

Twin Spheres [Trait]

• Additional functionality: Gain all level 7 talents.

Excuse me what ?

9 Likes

no butcher buffs… sadge

3 Likes

At least CCL wont change too much

1 Like

Yup no big worries for CCL, biggest part of the patch is that Imperious got pushed down a flight of stairs. Cassia got hit a bit hard as well.

4 Likes

The imperius nerf was needed. His lvl 1 and lvl 7 talent just push to much dmg out.

But the brightwing buff to Pixle Dust/Blink Heal will be fun.

5 Likes

Carbot Tracer

4 Likes

It wasn’t buffed, it wasn’t changed at all aside from it not affecting the z teleport anymore. So it was a nerf.

6 Likes

It looks interesting on paper, I hope it doesn’t lead to a flurry of complaints about the KT.

lol! Well, maybe not that dramatic, but you could see this one coming. I did love the dev notes about it:

Developer Comment: The Angel of Valor was shrugging off enemy damage too easily while dishing out too much of his own, and the other Bruisers were getting jealous.

What is Nova? Bad joke, I’m disappointed too. Perhaps they are doing a full rework on her?

Brightwing likes!

:smile:

I miss the days of Copypaste, at least he would be happy.

10 Likes

Stukov’s Reactive Ballistospores increased CD from 15 to 25 is enormous. It’s almost as much as what made Deckard’s Ruby talent dead again.
Brightwing’s Z + Safety Dust no longer heals a target for 57.75% of his max HP.
Tychus’s Grenate build may be affected. 10% is considerable. He wasn’t even a high win rate hero.
SIMHosty might try Zul’Jin in the finals now.
Hogger seems way more balanced now, by looking at it.
No more Imperius pick, or heavy hesitation.
Cassia is a bit less first prio.
Lucio’s High Five giving him unstopp is now a good talent.

I want to know what Random thinks about the Valeera change.

2 Likes

No Illidan changes.

Sigh

1 Like

Is Valeera fine or that’s the buffs before a rework? :thinking:

Imp nerfs are good, WotA is the superior Heroic and now maybe more ppl will realise that.

Mei buffs looks good, she did feel left behind.

Gaz and D.va nerfs look enough.

Hogger burfs as it should be. Tho I’m not a fan of his increased CC durations, but og well.

4 Likes

And Gazlowe Gravity bomb upgrade gets untouched. And cd is still the same as it was before. I expected them to nerf that ult to at least 100-110 sec since its way too good. He will just keep on being first ban the next 3-4 weeks again. A hero that get to have a wombo combo ult on a low cd and can use it twice at lvl 20 with no drawback at all.

Those nerfs are not enough. He will keep on being a walking stun machine the next 4 weeks again.

11 Likes