Heroes mastery rings count as hitboxes...?

That was unexpected :o

That boss hit happened to me a while ago, even without the mastery ring, that particular cast sometimes hits you if you are too close to the cast area.

You may not be posting this for comedy, but I did laugh. Thank you.

1. Bit late.
  2. That’s no test.
  3. It doesn’t show the same situation without Mastery Rings nor does it show different situations (you know, scientific method).
  4. Looks like the red circle also touched the Samurais aoe (also there are vids like this even without the MR were a thing).
  5. You have a Blue post, dude.
1 Like

It s not the Ring that the mercs is killing in the video, the merc hit his arm … Make some test in try mode, put your cursor on the tail of your mount, on the top of your weapon, and you will understand how Hitbox works .

That’s the clicking hitbox not the actual collision hitbox, the game has no Z axis and never had, so the hitbox is technically a flat circle.

Technicaly in this case, the hitbox of the boss swing is actualy larger than the effect on the floor. And thats because the drawn differs from the exact coded system. There are many situations in which these drawings dont match the hitbox.
And its sad it is this way since i cant even remember it being diffirent in this game, even though it technicaly shouldnt be too difficult to make them accurate. (even if its a texture, there is simply math that allows you to orientate and scale these textures at a very accurate position)

At least mastery rings are an advantage on this by having a slightly larger radius being displayed. Makes it less likely you are still standing too close.
/s

This however is clearly not proof.

Reminds me of Tesla’s Cybertruck reveal. When this one dude smashes the Window and it breaked.