Heroes mastery rings count as hitboxes...?

DON’T buy those golden mastery rings, they actually count of your character hitbox and makes your character easier to get hit. I have tested with stitches hook, bosses and sentinel camp and yes, it counts as your hitbox!

EDIT: Here’s the gameplay footage of Zul’jin with mastery ring being killed by the Sentinel camp. It’s absolutely clear that Zul’jin’s original hitbox was NOT within the range, yet he got hit.

2 Likes

More like make youre hitboxes more noticable

18 Likes

Even if it did increase your hit box it would be worth it for the taunt factor.

7 Likes

It’s just a cosmetic: it doesn’t affect at all hitboxes or any in-game mechanic.

24 Likes

You failed with it then. It’s purely cosmetical.

8 Likes

Dude that circle IS YOUR HIT BOX !!! ITS BEEN THAT WAY SINCE BETA.

If you notice the coloring is INSIDE THE CIRCLE…

Good find though, today you learned something about the game you didnt know.

5 Likes

… and knowing is half the battle.

1 Like

…im not talking about the green circle below your hero…im talking about the recently added mastery rings which is a golden ring OUTSIDE of your heroe’s green circle which makes it easlier to notice you and for some reason, counts as your hitbox which then adds a unfair disadvantage to yourself.

I’m pretty sure the green ring shrinks to make room for the mastery ring. I personally have not noticed a difference in the hitbox.

6 Likes

The rings are the same size.

Illuminati

:sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

In that case, I’ll stay far away from those.

1 Like

seriously…do you even play heroes?? you dont know what master rings are?

I have over 16000 games played sooooooo yeah I know a little something about the game.

Your hit “box” is the circle on the game floor that your hero stands in.

Look at the hero in try mode before you buy the MASTER ring for 5K gold that is a cosmetic that changes the ring (hitbox) from plain line to a line that looks like someone took a highlighter to it. your hit box is the same…

except that after many games i found out, yes it IS a cosmetic except maybe its a glitch idfk that counts as part of your original hitbox -.- i know what the hitbox is, thank you, i just don’t think you get what i mean.

When you’re so good you can have a dummy thicc hitbox and still come out on top.
Mastery positivity baby!

3 Likes

Playing azmo, fenix , getting larger with ring and still be in charge.
If only big hitbox KT was still a thing.

I’m pretty sure its just an image plastered on the ground.

Arguably wrong, there have been cosmetics which affected game play considerably.

Marauder muradin, blood elf tyrande, and several other skins and cosmetics provided unfair advantages.

In sc2, the brother game of hots, some skins had smaller hitboxes than the unmodified unit, to the point skins were banned from tournaments.

1 Like

Arguably wrong that this thing [mastery ring] is purely cosmetic?

I’ve never talked about that.

Because they effected our optical sensors and not because they changed something fundamental, like the size of your hitbox.

And in HotS that never happened iirc, so…?

I’m also curious how @Op tested this, since TryMode doesn’t use this function at all and once you purchased the rings there’s no turn off. So their methods were likely flawed in the first place giving the false impression that this have this effect (intentionally and not just like a bug).

1 Like