Heroes Art Appreciation Thread

Please share any Hero art you love! Please keep it more artsy as there is already many Original Fan Art forum threads and Humor Art related threads featuring fan art. I look forward to seeing what everyone likes, no doubt there is much I haven’t seen yet.

For me, much of the appeal of Blizzard games comes from its rich Lore and well fleshed out heroes. Over so many games complex backstories for heroes have been developed for years, like many I love this aspect and its one of the reasons I was attracted to HOTS.

The offical and unoffical art that has been inspired by Blizzard’s heroes can be outstanding. I’ll share a couple of examples of Tyrande and Jaina works I admire, I love work that is more romantic or fantasy inspired.

24 Likes

Didn’t expect you to use my threads, but I’m glad you did :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Use your TL3, I lost mine.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/568931400644821051/692173285852709034/love_and_war_by_sagas293_ddgwy7t-fullview.jpg

6 Likes

I want that Owl.

3 Likes

Posted from DrLogan.

No idea why I have tl3 when so many other people have been here longer than me. But I shall use my powers for good!

Also love this, reminds me of smash Bros!

10 Likes

Give me one of Tracer and you will have my unconditional love :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember a while back someone cosplayed a hydralisk. Not the most on topic, but still pretty incredible.

5 Likes

Aww.

I have a beautiful photo of tyrande but no one seems to be a fan :cry:

1 Like

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/010/556/648/large/fang-zheng-3.jpg?1525065823

And just for you, Minky:

4 Likes

lol, I know you do, I almost mentioned you in the intro…hehe

Thanks Hoku! I love the Artanis, it took me a second to see Alarak slain beneath his feet.

Cheers luv!

Of course I did. Your threads and Gishki’s deserve recognition and I didn’t want to step on what already had been done so well. I would share my fan art but my painting is pretty dire.

Some others I like:

5 Likes

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/c260.0.919.919a/s640x640/80310682_325459628419098_8657570125219049938_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=aqjxoURo22sAX_7J_8H&oh=65933747adddb10b7b90ac04d10d7ab5&oe=5E92B87F

6 Likes

Right before that 1v5 lol.

10 Likes

You read my mind when I saw the image. There were some amazing ones with him with a shield, but I wanted Twin Blades!

I love the selection you posted, especially Deathwing, Jaina and Sylvanas. I can picture something like the Deathwing in my mind clearly, but can never execute it when trying to actually paint it. :blush:

1 Like

It’s not Deathwing. It’s Sindragosa, the dead dragon Arthas rose from the dead and also his ult :relaxed:

1 Like

Oh gosh, you’re right, I didn’t play much WOW that was my partner. It’s funny, I play Arthas all the time… kek… :blush:

I just noticed too the Ming photo I posted looks like a Full Orb build Li-Ming in that pose. So I accidentally posted two memes.

2 Likes

No worries, I didn’t play SC or Diablo much not going to fault you for not playing a specific Blizzard game lol.

2 Likes

This is the best picture on the internet:

14 Likes

Nice, but I thought you would post something Protoss Gishki.

5 Likes

I’m crazy for fanart. I can spend hours looking for it… saddly, few people make good protoss fan art and I have already posted all the good fan art of Fenix (That’s like 2 images…)

I really like this 4 images but none of them compared the beauty of the best ship in all the blizzard universe.

However, art is about expresing something. This 4 pictures are just good drawings, but the idea that Maiev wants to be carry like a princess by Illidan is a feeling, and be able to draw that is express something, that’s a good fan art.

I hope some day I can draw a good fan art of Fenix, since no one yet has expressed what was Fenix.

5 Likes

While this certainly doesn’t express the classic SC1 Fenix, it made me giggle for a representation of HotS Fenix.

And for some good art in general, with a large representation of Blizzard games, stef-mad has always impressed me.

The full gallery is here:

9 Likes

Wait… This is the artist that made this master piece:

4 Likes