Help needed with key bindings

Ok, reaching out here to other people who are struggling with their overly convoluted control layouts. I need help.

Ever since I started playing I have been slowly customizing my controls and now it’s some sort bizarre monster probably only I can use. Main thing is I’ve mapped force and attack move to mouse buttons. Smart command and stop are on side buttons. I’ve run into some problems however because it seems some inputs seem to be hardcoded (or just bugged) to the system without any explanation given. So here is a list of problems I’ve encountered and if you could answer even one of them I’d be grateful.

  • Is there a way to bind multiple actions to the same key other than vanilla? I would like to put selection to either mouse button to work alongside movement commands if I ever decide to play TLV to any extent.
  • Can you make queue command work with attack or force move? At the moment it just makes you follow mouse cursor without actually walking through any of the points.
  • Is there a way for force move or stopping not cancel abilities? For example Hanzo’s Q gets cancelled whether or not I have mapped cancel elsewhere, only smart move works but it’s kinda awkward and really makes no sense. Overall cancel seems pretty redundant, I can’t think of anything that doesn’t get cancelled either by move or stop.

Thanks.

i think you can’t do it for conflicting actions like attack and select together, as they would… conflict. Just leave selection, works for both TLV and regular heroes. Or create 2 profiles and switch before the game

just tested. seems to be a bug. Testcase - regular move to the point, shiftqueue force move to left then right. hero just stops at initial regular move command (also randomly moves to the side)

i believe hanzo Q is exception and you can’t do it without smart command

1 Like

Something to note.

When you have attack/move bound to your mouse button, showing ability cooldowns or hero spawn time with alt will make you stop any movement or action.

4 Likes

Thanks, although it kinda sucks there’s not much I can do here except fill out a bug report.

1 Like