Healers are unnecessary in ARAM

Bruh~

Let me get this out first. I’m not trying to criticize you, and my tone is not of condescending way. It’s more a debate kind of way of ‘let’s talk’.

Judging from some of what you said, you indeed seems more like trolling, hahaha (not using lol, as that can sound condescending). You don’t sound malicious in your tone (as in, I don’t think you’re trying to screw with others intentionally), but your behavior seems to be more focused on [your fun, your way, your whim > anything else].

Samuro is a troll pick in ARAM imo (unless other 2 choices are really screwy). In healer present game (which you can figure out from your team having healer choice), Murky is a troll pick as well. In non-healer present game, Murky can work.

Even if you’re the top of the top GM, I’m pretty sure I can have better performance with other average picks than their/your Samuro/Murky. They’re that bad.

I like to hear your pov, how you think those heroes are in anyway better choice than the alternative. If you simply want to have fun, say so. That does not equate Samuro or Murky ever being a good pick (minus the very fringe case as mentioned).

I have a significant number of games with both Samuro and Murky in ARAM. Samuro is at 62.5% (32 games) and Murky is at 62.1% (58 games). You need to understand statistics are on my side. People think they are so bad that I’ve had multiple games where my teammates gave up, focused more on criticizing or left. That also artificially tanks my win rate due to bias so it’s likely my true win rate is closer to 70%. These are big enough samples to prove the heroes are NOT as weak as you think.

1 Like

>wins one (1) game
>out damaged and outsoaked
>wins after a big throw by the enemy
>makes an entire thread with evidence revolving one (1) game

????????????

weird flex but ok

2 Likes

Good for you, and don’t stop. They are lousy, self loathing people who report. Looks like you immediately got some kind of whiny, low I.Q. response…couldn’t be anymore stereotypical.

Sorry, statistics are citing something like heroesprofile, ARAM, all rank, 3 minor patches (my comfort zone of getting enough sample size), where Murky is 44.8% (1245 games) and Samuro is 40.9% (770 games).

Personal stats can be screwed. For example, on one account, my Azmodan, Liming winrate are on the lower side because I encounter trolls most of the time there. On other account, they’re high. On both accounts, Zagara, Mephisto winrate still holds quite high (:heart: some of ARAM S tier heroes).

I mostly have higher winrate on tank/healer as well than range assassin even though I’m more a range assassin main. It’s not really because my tank/healer skill is higher than my range assassin’s, but more to do with those role having higher impacts (people prefer not to pick them, people are less skilled with them to do a proper job, while I can).

I’m happy to share my statistics/back it up with a screenshot of my Samuro + Murky games in ARAM.

https://i.imgur.com/00H40l2.jpg

You seem pretty reasonable. I wouldn’t be fabricating stuff like this on a game in maintenance mode. My point is there are enough games to show (30+ is statistically enough but I have 90 combined) that Murky and Samuro (at least the way I play them) can be above average in ARAM. Late game Samuro and Murky are both monsters on the field. Basically, if you can stall them long enough it becomes quite an easy win if you know how to harass the important people. That’s all the advice I can give on the subject.

Anyone quitting over these picks (alt+F4) or telling players to report people who pick them should get a 7 day ban then longer bans on repeat offense for misconduct and manipulating the report system plus toxicity. We all know the only justified alt+F4 is if you have an emergency or you get 10 of the same.

Oh no, I don’t think you’re lying or fabricating your stats.

I’m just,

against this whole premise that they’re above average in anyway. Can they work? Yes. Can you win with them? Yes. They would still be below average in tier list. I would not pick them unless other 2 choices were awful (like Illidan or something. and, on non-healer match, Murky is on my list).

1 Like

I’m thinking a big issue with the perception of Murky and Samuro is how games might typically go especially if they are picked recklessly in ARAM. If they are picked into a weaker team without ability to zone opponents off your structures then I could see them being awful picks because the game will basically end before Murky and Samuro can shine.

However, if you get strong zoning heroes or a team that is hard to push into at early levels they definitely help make the Murky and Samuro pick work well. The key weakness with Samuro and Murky (assuming teammates don’t ragequit over your pick) is that they are weak in the early game, I think that’s obvious. I would say around 13-16 is where they both become more viable and 20+ I’d say they are both very strong in ARAM.

Overpowered heroes like Nazeebo or Azmodan obviously help keep the team in the game until Murky/Samuro get leveled, but any zoning heroes like Chromie work especially well with these picks. Early game they can hold off a lot of pushes and end game Samuro or Murky with stuff like Chromie is absolutely deadly. Once you start diving the healer or DPS the natural reaction for players is to try to get Samuro off their team (causes disruption, bunching up and AOE deaths to the pokers). Samuro himself w/ the damage and ability to dip in and out of a fight has insane map presence at 20+. A lot of heroes can’t win the 1v1 game with him at this point if it occurs during stagger deaths. Same with Murky, he is just a damage machine at that level if he can stick to the opponents. Only has issues with burst but Big Tuna Kahuna would be a decent pick vs that.

I also would still pick a top tier hero over a Samuro or Murky (hard to justify picking them over an Azmo or Nazeebo tbh) but when I say above average I am talking about if you have a decent team that can go the distance.

(user has deleted thi

1 Like

I think healers are required, I dont’ know if youve played against DOT classes vs no healers, it’s agonizing.

If you have a healer, pick it.

But I’m also in Asia where a popular META is 2 healers on the team.

LITERALLY THE COOLEST AND MOST FUN HEALERS???

2 Likes

(user has deleted thi

they rebalanced her numbers a ton so this isnt really a serious issue anymore (take damage on heal at level 1, and the auto attack talent at 7)

big issue is when your teammates never ever stack up so you’re stuck getting 1 hero heals lol

If you were KT with flamestrike, they would stack up for your heals lol

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of Auriel’s success is so dependent on team comps, both yours and the enemy’s, which makes her quite fickle. If enemies don’t clump, your sweep doesn’t generate as much energy. If your allies don’t clump, you don’t get as efficient of heals. And some games, you think you’re going to have a great mana battery from that Valla, but you see not only is she playing like a chicken, your whole team is so afraid of committing which makes for terrible energy generation. If the enemy team is also primarily ranged siege that slowly whittles you down, then it just becomes awful.

Still love playing her though. I kind of wished in general other heroes were more dependent on allies to be honest lol.

1 Like

the biggest thing really is allies clumping

you can get by with a bad battery by taking the auto talent at 7 and throwing hands at the enemy tank, but she’s really not meant to be dropping a big heal on a single person every 4 seconds

she reminds me of stukov where no matter what happens, if your pathogens aren’t being spread, you aren’t healing.

1 Like

I don’t completely disagree, but as it’s a blind draft, and you never know what enemy picks will be, I’ve found Uther and Kara to be quite strong in ARAM.

The rub is, you’re right, Uther and Kara aren’t generalists, and if you find yourself playing Uther vs a Lunara for example, you might be in for a miserable game.

The same applies for other situational heroes in ARAM, such as Deathwing. If you select Deathwing, you’re taking more of a gamble than had you taken Sonya or Hogger. But when the enemy doesn’t have significant counters to your Deathwing pick, he can feel mighty strong and even oppressive on a one lane map.

2 Likes

Then you could add Tyrande and Whitemane to that list. They both need to auto attack something to heal. Also Alex is just a walking meme with her circle. Being responsible for killing her own team more than saving them.

2 Likes

It’s a design failure. ARAM should be random and not a tryhard draft mode. If you don’t pick a healer you have a massive disadvantage, especially in the late game as there are no massive item based power spikes.

1 Like

(user has deleted thi

1 Like