Harbs Tyrande talents review

After the recent changes, I tested all of them in ranked on multiple maps, I will go trough it

In this link I show you whats the strongest build. Some talents may be situational like the spell armor vs reduced heal on 7

https://gyazo.com/f0d9d9a098f2e994ff344b4e92055ab2
 https://gyazo.com/d96c25aec557e198df87cfc9553adbd3

If anyone is intrested. I have 2 relax accounts and 1 main. Both my relax accounts perform better then me because im not a tryhard on this one. And on my main I play with friends, this one is a solo queue account. Its preseason because I havent played on this acc again and I had to fill in as tank a lot on my others.
So every match I did with her were with completely new random people. Some good some bad. I found her scouting owl to be most useful in those matches.

** Everlasting light**
If Light of Elune’s second charge is cast on a different target from the first, it heals for 45% more.

The burst is nice , but now you just need to add a unnecessary complexity to Tyrande, and thats quicky deciding who to heal first, so the other one gets the bigger heal. It is not something I want to do. (Might be me)
I do a technique that I heal once. And when my Q is almost ready I use my 2nd Q. In case someone gets low I can always use my 2nd heal on that target. Even if its the same target. And the requirement of using it on a different target says to me dont use it

Mark of mending
Tyrande’s Basic Attacks heal her for 2.5% of her maximum Health. Basic Attacks against targets with Hunter’s Mark heal the attacker for 2% of their maximum Health.

I find this just underwhelming, you need to have your D ready. I tested this on BFE , the self healing is nice but the 20s cooldown is awfull, you need to have a strong CC combo to pull this off. Also its requires your team to have high health and fast attacking heroes like Zarya Dva Varian Chen Leoric (aa) and Artanis. If you have one of those it might be worth taking up

Elune’s Chosen
***** Cooldown: 30 seconds
Activate to make Tyrande’s Basic Attacks heal target allied Hero for 175% of the damage dealt. Lasts for 8 seconds.

I still think this is the meta pick, I can notice the 200 to 175 change, but its just a extra heal that can save people from a tight spot and it allows you to heal more in chaotic fights. Also its mana free, and it can heal someone to full if you continue attacking. It prevented my allies from hearthing when they were low.

Lunar Blaze
Increase Lunar Flare’s range by 30%.
Quest: Hitting a Hero with Lunar Flare increases its damage by 5%, up to 100%.

I dont pick it up for the damage but for the range, it provides a lot of kill potential and I love it . The range really makes it a must pick

Ranger
Activate to make the next Sentinel pierce through all Heroes hit.
Passive: Sentinel’s width is increased by 25% and deals up to 250% more damage based on distance traveled.

I used this on volskaya and infernal, I dont like it. it requires me to hit all of them in order to get my Q cooldown low. I use my owl primary for scouting and to finish people. I loved old tyrande’s owl build but now I rather avoid it. The scouting potential of the normal owl is just too strong.

Trueshot Aura
Activate to reset the cooldown of Hunter’s Mark and grant 15% increased Basic Attack damage to other nearby allied Heroes for 5 seconds.
Passive: Basic Attack damage increased by 15%.

I love the passive and the ability, it really burns down the immortal at BFE fast, but me personally I missed my range of my E. I recommend this the same reason why you would go bloodlust, if your team has a lot of AA damage

Moonlit Arrows
Basic Attacks decrease the cooldown of Light of Elune by an additional 0.75 seconds.

I love this one, especially against dmg over time or when the team has slow dmg. Now I see a lot of tassadars/chens or 3 melee 1 backline lately so I picked it up more in order to heal just a bit more. (fun fact my autocorrect for tassadar is tassadar ambassadors )

Kaldorei Resistance
Light of Elune grants the target 10 Spell Armor for 2 seconds. This effect stacks up to 2 times.

Now the stun remove is on 16, I really love this one. against teams with a lot of spell damage I pick it up. especially against burst mages. I marked the heal cd on this talent tier but you need to choose which type of dmg the other team does.

Huntress’ Fury
Increase the cast range and duration of Hunter’s Mark by 25%. Tyrande’s Basic Attacks against targets with Hunter’s Mark splash to nearby enemies.

I tried this on braxis and infernal. and I dont really love it. I combined it with the 13 cd reduction but Tyrande is a healer and the spell resistance or more heals really put her on a nice spot

10:
Shadowstalk

• Mana: 75
  • Cooldown: 90 seconds
    Grant all allied Heroes Stealth for 10 seconds and heal them for 380 (+4% per level) Health over 10 seconds. Remaining stationary for at least 1.5 seconds while Stealthed grants Invisible.

Starfall

• Mana: 75
  • Cooldown: 80 seconds
    Deal 88 (+4% per level) damage per second and Slow enemies by 20% in an area. Lasts 6 seconds.

Look at the map your team and the enemy, does it has lots of chokes and do the enemy cramp up a lot, pick Starfall. If your solo laner struggles, or you need your teammates to escape more. Pick Shadowstalk. So really look how the enemy does teamfights before 10.

Quickening Blessing
Gain 5% Movement Speed. Light of Elune increases the target’s Movement Speed by 15% for 3 seconds.

I love this one with a Garrosh or when doing wombo combo’s. Also when your tank suffers from a lot of CC this is a great talent to let them escape

Tyrande Harsh Moonlight
Sentinel Slows the first target hit by 40% and reduces their damage dealt by 40% for 4 seconds.

When someone of the enemy is dominating or they have Pyroblast or a Nanoboost I take this one. Also works great against mephisto’s
So look at the stats, someone doing a crazy amound of damage, or has a high damage ult like Diablo’s Lightning Breath just cast this on him.

Ranger’s Mark
Basic Attacks reduce the cooldown of Hunter’s Mark by 1 second. Basic Attacks against marked targets reduce the cooldown of Lunar Flare by 1.5 seconds.

With the lvl 4 stun and the extra stun on 20. Pick it up! its awesome!!
A personal tip, use your D way more often because its cd reduction is quite fast.

Celestial Attunement
Light of Elune removes Stuns, Silences, and Slows from its target.

Must pick a lost teammate can mean BG, I wonder why they put this on 16 without buffing the rest on 16. Because this talent is too good compared to the rest.

Empower
Reduce Sentinel’s cooldown by 3 seconds. The first Hero hit by Sentinel takes bonus damage equal to 7% of their maximum Health.
Against high health targets like Muradin avatar and Diablo, I love this. but they also bring a lot of stuns so I think the stun clear is now the dominant talent on 16.

Darnassian Archery
Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes grant a stacking 10% increased Attack Damage bonus for 6 seconds. This bonus is lost when Basic Attacking non-Heroes.

This comes to late in my opinion, at 16-20 a teamfight can mean GG or BG.
It not Tyrandes place to do a lot of single target damage. I can never put 6 basic attacks with Tyrande on the same target without putting myself in danger.
Its your place to heal, not to be a assassin. I avoid this talent, its just bad.

Eyes of the Huntress
Shadowstalk reveals all enemy Heroes for 2 seconds and heals allies below 50% Health for 50% more.

I pick this up for the reveal and extra healing, when your team takes a lot of unnecessary damage lets say a KT livin bomb. This one is great. Also its great when you do the hide and seek vs the enemy team late game

Celestial Wrath
Starfall applies Hunter’s Mark to enemy Heroes while inside of its area of effect.

Its great when wombo comboing, if you doing this pick it up!
If not conciser other talents

Shooting Star
Increase Basic Attack range by 1. Every 8th Basic Attack casts a free Lunar Flare at a random enemy near Tyrande’s position. This prefers Heroic targets.

I was watching the Notparadox and he does the same I do, get it to 7 stacks. Stun someone, attack so you get 2 strong stuns. And now with the lvl 13 you can deal a quick next stun. I love this talent also because of the 1 range. It puts me out of dangerous situations. And the extra stun is just nice because its well aimed.

Iceblade Arrows
Increase Attack Speed by 20%. Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes reduce their damage dealt by 8% for 2 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

Many people say its a must pick, maybe its against a dive team but I don’t like putting myself too close to the enemy at lvl 20. It provides you to do more healing damage and reduce someone damage. But still I dont like getting close after 20 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be the same target though, it just has to be a(nother) Hero.

1 Like

Would it be too good to make Huntress’ Fury passively increase the armor reduction or duration of Hunter’s Mark?

Ranger’s Mark used to have a functionality that allowed it to increase the duration of Hunter’s Mark when you aa the victim.

By the way, I’ve been testing out D build in most of my games after the patch and I gotta say, it feels really good when you can have the playstyle of Iron Fists Kharazim and still match the high healing output Tyrande is capable of.

1 Like

Ow yeah sorry that might be my playstyle late game, I just try to focus down 1 target even its the tank to get that one killed as fast as possible.

I love the 1 and 13 talents, but I think Elune’s chosen is still the strongest. Maybe its a bit of insecurity because a lot of times I have the tank or the bruiser who just goes crazy deep.

But im curious, did you had succes with the lvl 7 splash? And how did you use it?

Do you mean like everytime you basic attack it reduce the armor for 5% for 3s? as an example

Dunno about Vitriuz but I only notice that the level 7 splash and level 13 CDR talent more or less buff Tyrande’s PVE potential by quite a bit, allowing her to help in taking camps much faster or defending against an objective etc.

For team fights it does push Tyrande to a more offensive variant, you’ll need a very aggressive composition to maximize it. But the trade off defensive wise of losing that shrink ray, and subsequently your peel potential, is quite noticeable. But the main advantage I see is the added PVE damage really, I had more value out of this in Sky Temple, Shrines, and Tomb. But yeah the trade off is still pretty steep in terms of your ability to save allies…

2 Likes

The talent would receive another functionality by increasing the Armor reduction of Hunter’s Mark from 15 to 20 (so it can compete with the other talents on the tier). By doing this, the tier now makes you decide between:

• More healing potential
  • Spell damage protection
  • Further exploiting vulnerable targets
    • Also makes it safer to apply your Trait to the right target
1 Like

Yee would be better the range is nice but hardly need to waveclear as her. So the splash isnt that good in my hands.
Sometimes i even have to ask my teammates to not clear them as fast because I want my heal cd to be up xD

To add on, Huntress’ Fury is really wonky with how it spreads its damage. It shouldn’t determine who takes the splash damage based on Tyrande’s position at the time of the auto attack, but it should be changed to depend on the victim’s position. Imagine a big circle around Tyrande as she moves to different positions to auto attack that demonstrates who gets hit by the splash damage.

https://gfycat.com/exemplaryafraidfunnelweaverspider

3 Likes

To make it compete, an additional range should be given. It might also give an easier time of healing via aa cd reduction and being in a safer distance.

1 Like

I think range will be a bit OP. Because of the range on 20
I thought about damaging 1 hero also hurts another but thats also too strong for her Q cd
I think bonus dmg to shields works great. Its not too strong but also a reason to pick up this talent

1 Like

Oh I forgot about that one. Ye I like the shields one better for Darna.

1 Like