Hanzo is overpowered

I ban hanzo so my teammates can’t pick him.

In very skilled hands he is a bit OP but for 99% of players he turns the game into a 4v5 with his deadweight

1 Like

Don’t bother arguing with Maximus. He thinks one glance at hotslogs grants him more game knowledge than the pro players who say Hanzo is one of the most powerful heroes in the game.

It would be more productive to try and convince a brick wall to move aside.

1 Like

Ain’t that the truth!
I wonder how much of his banrate is because of this. It’s probably not much, unfortunately.

As opposed to Fail here, who thinks his own personal inability to handle a hero (i.e. Hanzo or KT) must mean that hero is broken. After all, it’s certainly not the fact that he sucks at dodging skillshots or watching his positioning!

Also, Gesundheit!

As opposed to Fail here, with whom it’d be more productive to simply bash your own head against said brick wall.
Hey, at least by doing that you may eventually get as smart as Fail is!

Whiny and git gud people are both toxic.

Problem solved.

The pro/gm/master players who think Hanzo is overpowered and hate dealing with him don’t exist then?

Utility? You mean that reveal on a long cooldown and his stun tied to a heroic?
Let’s face it, Hanzo is at the bottom of the barrel of utility heroes, along Tracer, Genji and Greymane. They bring almost nothing to the table besides damage.

1 Like

They do exist, and that’s why Hanzo will be banned on certain maps in GM and pro tour games. Most notably Infernal Shrines and Battlefield.

Hate to bump such an old thread but so true. He has no carry potential alone whatsoever, unlike many other assassins.

He is fully, completely dependent on his team to win matches as proven by the win rates in various leagues you listed (his winrate only becomes positive at Master which is less than 1% of all HotS players)

He is currently amazing in Master and GM, and horrible in other leagues.

Nerf him further and he wont be picked even in the highest league anymore.

Not even.

Again, the average winrate in Masters is ~60%, which is because Masters regularly play against people of lower skill levels, like Diamonds and Platinums.
And since Hanzo’s winrate is 7.1% below average at that level, compared to only 4.1% below average overall and 3.1% below average in Silver+Bronze, his winrate relative to other heroes at a given skill level gets worse, not better, as you go up the Ranks.

2 Likes

Scatter arrow is the problem. That ability requires a huge amount of practice to hit consistently. Only high level players are likely to put the effort in to get good enough to consistently get value out of it. Not sure how they can fix it though. Probably need to replace it entirely with something else but that means a total rework.

Badly worded: He can be amazing in Master (his win rate averages to ~52%, the best ones may have much higher).
In other leagues you are unlikely to ever not only meet a good Hanzo but achieve a high win rate as him, because if you don’t have good tanks protecting you, good finishers taking advantage of you poking down the enemy team slowly you will simply lose the game, as reflected by his abysmal winrates.

2 Likes

I’ll buy that.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, he was only picked in pro matches for his team stun as a follow up - right?

That wouldn’t surprise me. They have to coordination to reliably set it up, unlike the vast majority of even Masters players (simply because said Masters aren’t practicing with the same people 10 hours a day).

He’s picked for his W for damage. Arrow is also huge, but it’s not as important as an ability that has the potential to chunk consistently.

Hanzo’s problem is that he’s not performing well anywhere outside the few that play him correctly (high GM/ex-HGC). Sooner they remove/rework scatter arrow, the sooner he’ll be an actual hero for the majority of the players.

Not remove. Maybe make it more consistent. I’d hate to see it go, since it’s pretty unique ability.

The problem is when it is consistent, like now when good Hanzos use it. It needs a nerf at the highest level of play and a buff everywhere else. Obviously problematic because you can’t do both without changing the ability’s fundamentals.

You could buff single scatter dmg and ad a dmg cap for multiple scatter hits.

That would kinda achieve the goal.

1 Like

Hanzo have design problem. He have big range poke on small CD,big range burst,escape and zero mana problems. It is no wonder why this hero was non stop pick/ban on pro level. I think the biggest problem with heros like Hanzo and Genji is blizzard are trying to copy everything from OW. Which is impossible. OW is a shooter and this is ARTS.

Hanzo shares a similar design issue as ktz and alarak (and i think garrosh’s Q ability) .

They have ultra strong basic abilities but the run of the mill players are expected to have a substantial miss rate with those so they have relatively short cds so that players do not get too frustrated landing nothing.
Issue arises when very strong players with high accuracy land everything.

Hanzo is considered OP and the strongest range hero (when he lands everything) for a very long while he somehow gets a pass because he is very hard to get value out of.

Same thing with pre rework zeratul, he had top 3 worst winrate but could potentially obliterate things with VP and rewind.

4 Likes