Got MVP and banned in same game for solopushing

I ve made a smurf that end up in silver in HL.
We played on Infernal Shrines and I told my team to play defensive while I pushes top lane with the shaman camp during objective. Someone then said “reported”.

2 min later I got keep in top late, meanwhile there was a huge fight around the objecvite where everybody died in our team. We respawn quickly and manage to save our fort.

Next objective spawns in top so I do the same push solo, in bot lane this time. Our team was flaming so hard on me.

Same thing happens, I get another keep solo while everyone gets deleted around objective.

We manage to defend our keep in top with our catapult preasure.

Our Muradin is still super tilted and stands afk in base and typing.

When next object spawn I come and help just to stal enemy team, finally they realize the double catapults are attack thier core so everyone starts to retreat and panic HS, they gives up the object and save thier core at 20%, we get the object and the punisher push wins the game for us.

I type in “gg wp all”, then Muradin says

• “not u”

I still get MVP
And after the game Im banned!

I dont know what to say about the current report system. But I feel like it punish ppl in silver league trying to get up to higher ranks.

41 Likes

A smurf that just afk split pushes… sounds like you deserved that ban since you’re literally not participating .

42 Likes

Not participating is something totally diffrent. To me it sounds like this guy contribute more than anyone in his team.

If you know that you have a chance to take out a keep even before first object is over, why not then?

31 Likes

Sounds like the silver players did not know how to play, oh wait they were silver…

In that situation they had to focus on stalling objective and enemy team without dying. Even if the enemy team gets first and second objective if it cost them a keep each time it will not be worth it. With 2 keeps lost and no significant level advantage they have as good as lost. Better yet, they could leave 3 people to stall and push both other lanes at the same time. If that does not force the enemy death ball to split, even easier win…

5 Likes

There is a famous player on the ANZ server who also uses AFK split push as a legit strategy and guess what when he isn’t trolling it actually works… He is probably the only player whom I played around when I had him on my team because he is one of the most experienced at this… But guess what, those silver salt crystals who have 0 idea what macro means are still going to hate you for playing differently and will try whatever Tumblr strategy they can think of to get you banned…

14 Likes

Split pushing and giving up objectives can be an effective strategy, but it is hard to make it work if the team is not on the same page. Usually at lower levels it is better to play standard and go to the objective.

Also, you didn’t get banned for that game. You probably did that in a lot of games making a lot of people report you.

26 Likes

@Darmonic
You’re the one who deserves a ban

5 Likes

You know what to say about it. You just said it in a thread. What you don’t know is why you let yourself cry in public or why you don’t feel ashamed of this behavior.

It’s like if you thought you were part of a community that approves this.

#LittleLions

2 Likes

Having a teammate intentionally stay out of harms way just soaking xp while the other team members constantly fight 5 v4 and taking more deaths than they feel they should can make anybody salty.

You didn’t mention which hero you were while doing this cool strat. If it’s murky then I get it and you are doing the right thing since in a team fight you are mostly cannon fodder. If you are zag or Xul you can have an impact on team fights adding damage(zag) or lockdown (xul)

FWIW it takes more than 1 game of the entire team reporting for you to get a BAN, I mean silences are first , then suspensions then bans If you got a ban its probably because of long time bad behavior on this account.

13 Likes

It’s a legit stragety but many players don’t pull it off right. The issue here is he’s being banned for essentially playing off meta.

11 Likes

You need the team’s blessing for that strategy to work. I know because I use this strategy on that map quite a bit as sylv. If your other 4 know how to poke, stall and defend against the punisher you can let the enemy have the first 3. On the 4th punisher, you need to have the keep killed in the lane the punisher will be in. (Could be 5th due to some rng but you need to wait for the punisher in the cleared lane) Then you help with obj, kill an enemy or two and win the obj. It is a good way to win.

If your team is ignorant, the enemy ganks you all the time or if your team has other ideas, it is best to go with the team.

4 Likes

You played with 9 fools that game. Easiest way to lose is let a competent solo pusher do his thing. The fact your team can’t adapt and bend without breaking, thereby delaying the opposition, reveals they are all typical low skill HotS players. The bigger issue is obviously Bzzzd’s reporting system which punishes superior strategic thinking and only allows for hivemind.

13 Likes

You should be banned for using your smurf account to farm easy wins in HL. Smurfs create stomps and greatly reduce the quality of games. You shouldn’t be playing HL on a smurf account anyway, people at higher levels understand the value of split pushing much better so if you played at your normal level, your strategy might be more accepted.

10 Likes

Dont fret friend. Fear not youre smurf got banned and not youre main

3 Likes

Lol what did I do to you friend?

He’s not playing off meta.

He is pretty much afking… if I play the game and intentionally ignore objectives I should be reported and banned.

1 Like

FYI. The shamans don’t need help to push a lane. That’s the whole point of taking it before the obj.

Also, if you managed to take a fort and a keep and be ignored the whole time. You would have won pretty much no matter what you did.

(Also, you didn’t get banned specifically for that game. It just added to the reports you already had)

4 Likes

You don’t get banned because you get even reports from 4 different players in a single game. You get banned because you get several reports from much more people during numerous matches.

So yea: you played well and get flamed for nothing by noob people thinking you were “afking” while it wasn’t true, but then you get banned because the reports you get (wrongly) during that match just get on top of others.

Some reports people get may be “false” (like your in that game) but I don’t think you can get banned only on that because you should get so many that it’s pretty improbable.
Imho you take reports semi-constantly for other reasons and sooner or later the ban will get you. But who knows? We should get a detailed info by Blizzard showing each of the reports that lead to your smurf’s ban.

@Darmonic: I hope you’re just trolling around, man. He was probably the only one doing the right thing in his team during that game (from how he described it, at last).

8 Likes

To get more value, without screwing your teams out of objectives, stage camps prior to the objective becoming active. Pretty easy to score an advantage, but it’s a strategy no one likes to do outside of 5 man TL groups.

Split pushing rarely works because the only time people resort to doing it is when they’re at a disadvantage in a way that the rest of their team cannot stall or distract. I’ve seen people do dumb split pushes all of the time, where they ignore an objective, get a fort, but then the objective pushes into a keep.

4 Likes

We get it, you would report him too even though he won the game for his team. While currently an in-thing to do, still doesn’t really do much besides lower the IQ of the playerbase by removing those capable of independent thought.

7 Likes