Goodbye for now my friends

Look before you guys start yammering about how it’s another post about someone whinning just let me make clear, I don’t want or need anything out of this I just, needed to post this publically as a contract to myself to hold myself to what I’m going to do tonight. I don’t expect these ramblings to make any sense I just had to get them out.

So yeah I just uninstalled Heroes of the Storm. I love this game to pieces I love the notion of a MOBA that isn’t built for hard carry’s I like the Blizzard cahracters, I like the Nexus, and yeah I’ll freaking Say it, I do like my Bootiful Nexus Waifu Qhira.

But here’s the rub, for years since I was a child in fact one of the main reasons I played Video games was escapism, I don’t say this lightly when I say I think World of Warcraft might have saved my life in fact. But well when a game makes you feel even more helpless then your real life you’re trying to escape it can become sour, and that’s what losing streaks of epic proportions will do
Sometimes they’re my fault sometimes they’re other peoples fault sometimes it’s just an outplay and sometimes its an obvious smurf
But ultimately I just caught myself getting so worked up I was yelling and screaming today, thankfully not over Mic but, as I finally laid down and away from the computer I realized this was not healthy for me, I was stressing so hard over this I could practically feel a pulse in my head, as if I need any more stress with cut hours not coming back even as my province opens back up.

So I think I need to do some stuff offline, back away from video games in general for a few weeks.

I do hope I’ll be back at some point but I’m promising this to myself here no sooner then July 1st will I return to the nexus

I wish you all the best and remember The Nexus is worth fighting for.

44 Likes

Sad to see you go. But it does feel good to go out, do some gardening, take walks etc. I find gardening especially makes me Zen.

Good on you to know your priorities.

9 Likes

WHat makes me most zen, zen enough to finally realize what was staring me in the face is cuddling with my cat Luna
She is the most precious thing, and if anyone says Cats aren’t loyal well, LUna says otherwise :slight_smile:

7 Likes

These days, I do a lot of AI Games. I highly recommend them if you are just tired of being stressed out. For a real fun stomp, just queue for an AI game.

For an actual interesting AI game, I enjoy actually doing the 1v9 experience… and carrying 4 other AIs to beat 5. Not as easy as you’d think… and no stress.

4 Likes

You underestimate my ability to get triggered at Video games XD

5 Likes

I give you 3 weeks before you return, especially with this Covid thing going on. If you live in Ontario or Quebec, you’re stuck for a couple of weeks.

Saskatchewan so I’m actually opening pretty quick here, resteraunts are opening this week in fact.
18th it’s Denny’s and I am hoping they’ll let me sit like I used to, always loved sitting at Denny’s writing while nibbling from a Skillet. Was a bi-weekly tradition for me

I don’t doubt I’ll be back by the time my personal contract is up but I intend to make it to that at least to clear my head.

2 Likes

Another one bites the dust. Well, the reaper is paying its visits much faster this year isn’t it? I wonder just how many of you ride or die, diehard fans will last. Probably not much longer. This was the only good news I’ve seen for a long time about this game.

NOOOOOOOOOO! the only OTHER rag main i know !!! well then come join me :smiley: rag was too good for the nexus anyways.

on a serious note tho:
stress and all that increase risks of heart attacks, and blood pressure and all that world of shenanigans. some people in their 20s have died because of extensive stress from video games. i assure you its so much better to relax for a while. for me, i have quit the game for probably forever but its best for you to just sit back, drink something refreshing, and binge netflix or lie down. assuming all that shouting does not kill someone, it massively decreases their lifespan. the amount of elderly deaths from “natural causes” because of heart failiures is pretty damn massive. most elderly problems are related to the heart, and if it is weak then if you want to preform surgery, god forbid ofc, doctors might not be able to because of high risk of heart injury. no anesthetic can be applied to a weak heart, and it just becomes sad. Im just saying this because its damn important to not stress on a game, an imaginary thing, and risk death.

2 Likes

Rag was my second maina, my first Love was Qhira (rI actually never thought it would hapen but one day I looked down and realized she had overtaken Rag at levle 55 to 54.)

Still I get what you’re saying, and while Video games might have saved my life once they aren’t exactly keeping my life long now.

2 Likes

Takes small breaks more often for small periods of time. Know that the game stresses you and when you’re having a bad day, don’t play this game, and if you REALLY want to play this game, restrict yourself to Brawls. If the game itself is pissing you off and you know you’re getting angry at it, and make it your last game of the day and play something else that’s far more leisurely.

1 Like

breaks are healthy good luck

2 Likes

you deserve a break everyone does. i’ll be doing it myself as well soon enough after corona i need to chill and relax get some fresh air etc… so hope you have a good time on your break!

4 Likes

Hindsight is 20/20 my decision to step away for a few weeks still stands.

Thanks.

Thanks Cat, I’m sure I’ll be enjoying my break a great deal, at least I hope

You guys might actually see the fruits of my break if I decide to finally sit down and write that HOTS fanfiction I’ve been putting on the backburner for forever (partially cus I’m more concerned with playing the game XD))

3 Likes

Of course it’s hurting your health. It’s heroes of the storm. This game is a crap fiesta now full of toxicity and just frustrating dev decisions. Videogames are the perfect way to get your mind clear if you play the right ones. Play single player games. Because clearly now you are just too old for anything overly competitive as it starts to now drain on your health.

Just leave, leave and never come back because what does this game do for you? it hooks you and does nothing but spit on you and piss you off and never, ever offers anything healthy or good in return.

1 Like

honestly i agree on single player games too. i had a lot of fun playing single player games

2 Likes

It’s all I play now. A game with an amazing and memorable story can do a lot for you. Games are a great story telling medium and they can offer so much insight into a great number of things if you fully invest yourself into them.

1 Like

You know now that you mention it Cat
Both Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Devil May Cry 5 have been sitting on my computer installed and waitng for me to sit down and play them.

I’m the one that mentioned it. Look, I get it. I used you in a negative way to serve my own agenda so now you’re mad. It’s whatever. But it was just perfect timing.

Luna.

That is a cool name for a cat.

2 Likes