Goodbye Everyone

Has anyone done ventriloquism with a mime puppet?

Has a mime done ventriloquism with a mime puppet?

Has a mime done ventriloquism with a mime muppet?

Has a Mr. Mime done ventriloquism with a Jinx?

1 Like

Just to be clear: I AM NOT QUITTING!

April 1st = April Fools!

I am sorry if the joke was a little too believable for some people, I thought it would funnier if it started off sounding sincere and ended on a ridiculous note.

Seriously, I could write a list of a 101 reasons why this is the best moba on the market, and the best competitive multiplayer game in existence.

The only part that wasn’t a joke is that I really do appreciate you folks! I’ll try to tone my next april fools joke back a little bit :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think most people understood it was an April’s foll joke. XD

2 Likes

I quit for a year my man. It was great!
Coming back has been a mixed bag but definitely needed it.

In all seriousness, it’s good to have a break… and also it’s the 2nd of April here :wink:

2 Likes

Thank goodness, I can go back to a normal avatar.

2 Likes

I thought so too, but there were a lot of comments that made me second guess myself.

In the end, I think the forums pranked me back with their replies.

We are nerfing leoric right now for this trolling on April Fools.

4 Likes

Shoulda made a second post today announcing your return : p

5 Likes

The “headline” of your post was believable, but it was clear you were joking in the text.

Having said that, don’t think you’re off the hook completely, I do expect a video of your Murky ventriloquist act ASAP.

5 Likes

Was clear to me, what’s going on.

That said. If I posted a Goodbye Everyone, you could response Nice Joke and you’d be right.

I even tried to return to The Adventures of Captain Comic.
Although, I did quit Prince of Persia for real. Probably.

1 Like

Nope, I was sucked in. A friend of mine once told me he would quit playing WoW to pursue his dream of becoming a professional dancer and work on cruise ships.

Turns out he wasn’t joking.

So my good sir, you got me good with your shenanigans.

3 Likes

Why am I reading this is Zera’s voice tho :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Now you made me hearing that too

2 Likes

I never understood the intentions of these goodbye posts. Are you looking for confirmation to quit? Will that make it not sting as much? Or are you looking to recruit other ‘goodbyers’ so it wont feel as lonely? What’s there to be sad about if the goodbye is honest? Are you someone important that makes quitting the game a big deal? Or are people just talking out their problems instead of handling their own energies? Lord knows somethang aint right…

Well, I would say this was more of an attempt to entertain the forum than a goodbye. It’s a shame the humor was lost in translation.

2 Likes

My man it was an 1 April joke he did. Why you so serious about it ?

1 Like

En taro adun - 20 chars

1 Like

As others have noted, it was an obvious April Fools’ joke, which was slightly mocking of “goodbye” posts in general.

Having said that, people can say goodbye if they choose, what harm does that do? I’ve never interacted with anyone here beyond these forums, but most of the regulars have helped me indirectly with general advice and the hero guides they posted.

Many heroes I play now, I only picked them up because someone was passionate about that hero, and that enthusiasm rubbed off and encouraged me to try the hero for the first time, or play a hero that I never clicked with me until it was explained here. Sami is responsible for me playing Hogger and Tracer, so there is that.

This is a small community for a game on life support, where the majority of people are generous and kind. Most farewell posts are usually not attention seeking or an attempt to “recruit” other people to say goodbye, as you suggested, usually it’s just someone saying thanks for the fish and all that.

3 Likes

Most of us played this game for years there’s some emotional attachment to the game. I don’t see harm in saying good bye and giving feedback on why they decided to leave. It’s just airing out some frustration with the game (we all have them) and that’s fine for me. We are a community afterall, what’s the hurt in hearing someone out that played the game like we did?

2 Likes

I agree, as long as they are being constructive and not saying “they nerf my hero /cry” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like