Give everyone a hero ban

What about the huge time that still gets to 1 player to do the bans? Time that could be spend in the actual match? And people who happen to have higher mmr doesn’t automatically have higher knowledge of the game… There are people there who plays only quick matches with friends for fun because they just don’t want to how long it takes to get into a match.

In league of legends for example, every member gets 1 ban and all of it takes at max 30 seconds, works perfectly. Here you can spend up to 3 - 4? minutes on ban phase alone, counting everything, you’ll probably waste 33% of an actual match every time you play a ranked game…

Maybe dont take 30 seconds to ban? I already know usually 5 heroes i wanna ban before the game even starts so if i am banning one. it doesnt take me but maybe 5-10 seconds

if you gave everyone a ban you could pretty much ban all the heals or tanks. there is not enough tanks or healers to do this. there isnt enough as is.

Well if you first pick tank or healer and let bans go 1 at at time. It would encourage the tank and healers to be locked first instead of last.

I prefer a potatoeban to avoid potatoes in team…

1 Like

Potato or troll ban. Yeah would love that lol

this will just make people troll more and ban other peoples picks this would make a mess of ranked it dont need any more help in doing that

actually I agree, it would make the game better.

1 if the main banner is bad drafter/afk/trolling/whatever, the team has a weapon to still get the bans

2 it would resort in 4 bans more and a lot more ways to play the match, there would be more way to get weird comps working and to use underused heroes

Finally, to reward the higher MMR player of the team, I would give him/her the chance to ban 1 map. I think it would add to the mechanic of the draft an even more serious vibe. Like every game is a high level experience.

It’s not random. The player with the highest rank, or furthest progressed in the rank you’re both in in the event of a rank tie is always the banner.

Also, until you realize there is only 13 tanks in the whole game, including Chogall. If you don’t include chogall, only 12. This could result then in teams being given a tank without a hard stun, which means heroes like genji, tracer, and illidan become damn near unstoppable.

It is already too difficult to find people that enjoy tanking, and specific tanks are the best to get rid of first.

If I could in any match above diamond, I would ban muradin, diablo, mei, garrosh, johanna, ETC, and in some cases anub because of cocoons. This leaves 3 more bans, and gets rid of everyone worth tanking with, meaning if your team wants a tank, they have to take an underperformer who can’t peel as well, meaning your whole back line is constantly screwed (as well as theirs) turning competitive into a giant constant quick match scenario. It’s a bad idea. Maybe if there were 35 tanks with hard peels, sure, but as of today it’s not plausible.