Genji deflect does not works

Can somebody explain me why my genji does not works properly?
picked 7lvl “Augmented Guard”, and 16lvl “reflect”.
Its look like all my talents works against me, not to oponents…
This game is hardly awfull. Nothing here works propertly…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0B59B-cFsU

Iam 99% sure blizard devs will ignore this topic, they never clear up after their make a mess.

Where is the bug? Deflect ended early due to enemy CC.

Protected is not Invulnerability. You can still be stunned, silenced, rooted etc. while Deflecting.

yeah pretty much what frogs said. I think genji should have more options of combating CC or maybe deal more dmg because deflect build is pretty weak against CC heavy teams. You definitely can’t dive in unless there’s a guarenteed kill to back on

Genji would need a hefty redesign in that case and you’re still left with a problem of deflecting damage from sources which the victim has no control over. This includes all ncps, towers and even different damaging ground puddles which trigger the lvl 20 talent at an insane rate, all of which have the potential of obliterating a team of players in seconds with little to no room for counter play, something that can’t be stopped with a simple hold fire command.

the problem with genji is he does poor dmg. Sure he’s mobile and sure he’s a good poker, but he’s dogwater at actually dealing dmg unless the targets lower than 30%. Not to mention his raw dmg out put is almost entirely negated by CC. If he dives in with his trait he can dash out, but if he dashes in for the kill and misses his trait isn’t a guarenteed escape.

His deflect should just work like it does in Overwatch. Everything at line 0-90 degrees on both sides is deflected directly forward where he’s aiming. They could do one simple rework on his shuriken that would help alot more instead of shingan which is useless unless there’s a big hitbox character. Give him a button that changes the shuriken from spread to firing in a straight line so he at least has the option of focusing his dmg instead of spreading it out. This would actually make him do soo much more dmg whilst not really changing him all that much. It would also make shingan actually usable. Actually better yet i’m just gonna make a post about that.