Garbage report system killed the game

You just don’t play enough to get silenced and you’re also too dumb to realise that is the case

@OP, upvoted for effort, will help you bump this

I love how some people straight up IGNORED every single link posted by the OP and just vomited “oh haha the reporting system is certainly not a big problem lol maybe you’re just toxic XD” onto their keyboard as though none of us would notice.

12 Likes

It’s the type of player blizzard catered to up until the demise of the game. They couldn’t stand their egos being hurt that maybe something they made was flawed.

4 Likes

the only thing thats bad about this system is that you still get matched with guys that you reported for being afk and/or intentionally dying even if you did it like 10 times over the course of 2 month to the very same reason (ofc rightfully so and with timestamp) even 4 games in a row when he clearly just wanna throw the game for you as soon as he sportts you in his team.
that’s a joke.
besides that… working as intended.
people report people for stuff that’s not true because you cannot ban for being a noob and the system ignoring said reports for being not intended

edit: and ofc giving the reporter some satisfaction that he did somethign even though he didn’t…

everybody wins

Thank you for posting a much better format of what I tried to say.

1 Like

Reporting system did it- you make people afraid to talk, you scare off/ban those who do talk (ie- good players wanting to have fun, communicate, work together). At the same time, you don’t ban AFKers, feeders, bots, etc…

You end up with a ‘multiplayer’ game where nobody talks, there’s always AFKers in your matches- well of course people are going to leave. It’s hard to get excited about playing a game when you know most matches aren’t going to be fair from the moment they start simply because there’s always at least one person trying to ruin everyone else’s experience.

I think it’s beyond clear that this was the number one reason this game has taken such a huge nose dive in the last year.

6 Likes

my oldest account has been getting suspended instead of silenced which makes me laugh. if it gets perma banned I’ll just quit all together and do some funny things that I will enjoy from that point on.

If you don’t enjoy playing, why are you playing?

1 Like

No, I think maybe you are dumb.

I’ve played nearly 6000 games so I know I play “enough games”. You are like all the other crybabies, you don’t want to face facts. You must not be a good team mate and people silenced you and now your pissed.

System is not perfect but it’s closer to good then it is bad.

1 Like

And I’m straight as an arrow. See we can both make unfounded and unlikely statements with no facts to back it up darling.

System are stupid because dev’s did it. And this system does allow to abuse of self. Team of developers absolutely incompetent.

2 Likes

FYI its been proven on the forums and then removed by CM’s that people troll ALL the time with their reports and more often than not those people who falsely report don’t ever get punished. EVER.

The one time someone pointed out how broken the report system is by showing screen shots of him reporting one of his smurf accounts from his other accounts for a week and kept getting that 1 account silenced over and over. Its silly if you really think that MUTE shouldn’t be the only solution for voice/text chat.

We’ve all seen salty players who run their mouths. I’ve seen some that run their mouths but still play decent and didn’t feed.

2 Likes

So because of your ignorance and lack of information, then every single person that has been silenced is both toxic, and of those that claim unfair silence, a liar too?

The system just needs you to reach a threshold over x time.
So if you play a lot then you’re more likely to get banned. If you play a lot in ranked, then you are even more likely to get banned, due to how people in ranked are much more likely to throw out frivolous reports.

Let me offer a challenge for you. Try to play 15 ranked matches a day for 2 weeks, and pick only Gazlowe or Murky and do it as a surprise (don’t prepick anything until you can pick, then pick them), you don’t say a single word except “I go lane” at the beginning of the match and ignorevery objective to do mercs and push lanes and die a lot because why not.

Then see if you get banned despite not doing anything that is against the terms of use, ie you weren’t being toxic. For all intents and purposes, such a person could just be bad or other.

There is also the other problem that the system doesn’t catch truly toxic people. If those people simply don’t play that much, even if that person gets reported by every on the team, they wont reach the necessary report threshold and wont be punished, despite how they should.

I’ve seen people go “you r-tard” or other insults for missing a skillshot or missing a ping or other things. You’d expect a level 1000 guy who so easily throws out insults like those would be banned… but nope.

2 Likes

Seriously? This is absolutely the dumbest experiment I’ve ever heard suggested.

Absolutely you will get reported and banned for doing that and you absolutely should be because you are doing something that is reportable: non-participation and telling him to “die a lot because why not?” is also a reportable offense.

What exactly is this experiment supposed to prove?

5 Likes

what you seem not to understand is too many people are “toxic” by today’s standard. even if the system was perfect and got rid of all the toxic players perfectly it would be too much for hots to survive. however this system went overboard and really finished off this game. why spend money when it can be erased so easily?

1 Like

Have they relaxed the silence/suspend system or are they still as stringent as 2018?

I got 4 silences and 2 bans in 2018, but so far none yet in 2019. Probably cuz I play ranked minimally in 2019 , mostly qm and unranked. And I always use sarcasm and homonyms for swearing and cursing…beach, sheet etc…lol I think it helps.

1 Like

What most people failed to understand is that the worst part isn’t necessarily that someone got banned, its that people stopped using chat/voice in a team game. Voice comms was one of the most requested features and after it was released usually 4-5 people would join voice in HL at least. Couple of banwaves later - nobody ever used it thanks to SJWs who can’t be bothered to click a mute button.
Another problem is that in a free to play game such a system does nothing to true trolls who can make as many accounts as they want. So banning someone who is generally fine but perhaps had a few bad games will likely have them depart the game since they probably valued their account. Troll accounts are disposable and banning them does nothing to fix the trolling problem.

3 Likes

I can’t answer for him, I enjoy playing the game very much, but I don’t like the report system. I’ve given many reasons for not liking it, but it also makes the game less fun simply because so many people are now afraid to communicate at all outside of games with friends.

The lack of communication has made games harder, as it’s really is vital in a strategy game. It’s also simply less fun when people are afraid to talk, there are very few games I get now where you get friendly team banter.

I made many friends in the past this way, even if they playfully poked fun of some terrible play I had made. Now people are far to afraid too say anything because you could lose your account.

I maintain that there are lines that should not be crossed in chat and they should be punished. But I can’t defend the system as it stands or the negative effects it’s inflicted on the game itself.

Nothing has been said officially about any change to policy. I’d say it’s probably because you’re playing less Hero League, or just less in general.

1 Like

Well, honestly I don’t think that punishment should exist for chat when you can literally mute people. Same with voice.

At most I think that silences are a sufficient enough form of punishment. I’m not sure why Blizzard decided to go overboard and start permanently banning accounts for words.

Definitely their appeals system sucks and they need to improve that.

5 Likes

My main account (beta player) was just banned; no email or information provided. I talk during game and often get heated with other players, but nothing crazy. Find it wholly disconnecting with experience to be removed from a game by a system of one click button pushing (especially as mute exists). What’s most surprising is in the last month i literally only play 1 or 2 games per night (>1,000 seconds between matches).

2 Likes