Game is unwinnable and needs forfeit option

If a teammate is stupid or we are 14 v 17 it’s pointless to play any more.
And the good teammates should be able to surrender or forfeit the match

Or when team always gives objective to other team and never goes to fight

1 Like

Not how hots works, sorry. If you think that way go play another video game.

I rate this idea 6.5/10

Also kind of pointless to suggest something that literally gets suggested about once a day for the last 5 years, and was already commented by Blizz.

5 Likes

I like that you can’t escape games and brush off things.

6.5/10 means better than average idea

You must be new to HotS.
But in case you ever see the 6.5 banner in the in-game shop, google it’s origin story.

2 Likes

I looked it up and with the current state of the game, 6.5/10 would be accurate. If we use LoL as the shining example, and even then LoL gets a 8.5/10 in my view (10/10 should be extremely rare in that a game is near perfect), then 6.5 for hots isn’t so off the mark

If we curve game ratings so LoL is 10/10 even with its flaws, then hots would get a 7 at best (didn’t rise 1.5 points). The game definitely doesn’t deserve an 8

It has nothing to do with that.

“6.5, no comeback mechanisms” is an ancient meme referring to games where big comebacks happen. People would use that on Twitch so as a joke they made it into a banner in-game.

2 Likes

The reasoning of the rating was wrong but I’d still agree with the score total whether it was made into a meme or not. I wish the real reasoning was more fair so blizzard wouldn’t just laugh it off. This game does have huge problems that need addressing whether in 2015 or 2020

4 and more levels is hard, but I have 3 level leads or disadvantages turn to wins/losses about every second time I log into HotS.

Giving up because you were down levels is so dumb.

If your team doesn’t do objectives, there are plenty of other ways to win the match. I’ve seen matches won where one team took zero objectives. The main objective is taking down their core.

1 Like

What’s sad is that Blizz thought to make fun of the rating from a site that has zero brain cells amongst them…

Doesn’t seem very impressive to me.

Call me country bumpkin but 14 v 17 meaning the level difference? If you leveled this far into the game, you have spent nearly a full game, why not stay a little longer?

Also, no. It won’t be added and it shouldn’t be added. Tell your friends.

Holy self-fulfilling prophecy, Batman! A 3 level deficit is tough, but certainly not impossible to come back from. This game is designed to allow tough comebacks, almost too much so. I recommend that when you find yourself that far behind, evaluate your strategy and try something different.

2 Likes

Can’t tell if trolling or serious, because at that point enemy has talents which you don’t and even if you level up once you wont get your next talent.

Might as well forfeit game and go on next one with better match making. Where both teams are equally since the beginning or maximum 1 level spread

Also it’s impossible to rank up from bad ranks when your team picks such useless heroes like Sgt Hammer or Mephisto, it’s literally automatic loss. When they siege up and don’t move I just want to turn off the PC.

Soooo … don’t pick a stupid team fight?

If you don’t fight then you can’t get the objective, and with objective the enemy wins.

And fighting when enemy is stronger usually means they kill you all.
So if you are down that much you can only sit in base and wait until game is over. Might as well let forfeit happen or surrender whatever you want to call it.

That really depends on the map and comps. 14 v 17 is still relatively early in a game, so you can often defend against an objective at that point. And as I mentioned earlier, there are other strategies that can be applied on most maps, where you take advantage of things your team can do that the enemy cannot.

Of course, if you are already in the habit of afking in base and deliberately losing when endless fighting hasn’t worked, I can see why you aren’t familiar with come back mechanisms.

So just for fun, here is a match where we won 4 levels behind.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/400938109619011585/719050104174280775/unknown.png

2 Likes

How when enemy killed 21x and you killed them 1x?

I don’t see this as a possibility.

Muhrah:

If you leveled this far into the game, you have spent nearly a full game, why not stay a little longer?

Because there’s no point letting blood bath continue like that? Its almost impossible to kill someone when their hero is stronger than you by so many levels.

And this is why instead of asking for a forfeit option, maybe give some examples of a match where you were behind, and people here can offer advice on what you could do to turn it around and win. Giving up is certainly easier than working on improving, but snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat is far more satisfying.

5 Likes

Yeah, no! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Yea, you should never give up.

Obviously ppl can’t win all of their games, so there are games “destined” to be loses, but mentality, the will to not give up matters a lot. If you convinced yourself that your team lost, you probably lost, but that doesn’t mean you didn’t have a good chance to turn the tides.

3 lvls (so even a talent) behind, 2 bots, lost objective, nothing means the enemy won by default.

What ppl need to learn is that sometimes giving up an objective is the right call. They need to learn that there are other ways to build up value and advantage. They need to learn that kills “don’t matter”.

If you want to improve, ask for advice. But you won’t get a Surrender option in a game full of comebacks and short match duration in general.

If the enemy can’t win without you stop resisting, there are a lot your team can do.

That would put dota2 at 15/10 and hots at 20/10. Weird scale.

1 Like