Forum tourney: EU server #2

It still can end up by “One guy collects masters” vs “One guy collects casuals” and it will be a huge stomp.

Then people raise their voices and we rebalance like we did last time
I was swapped into the other team

Balance should be improved after each match, not getting worse

2 Likes

It was still heavily onesided and stompy. But at least there wasn’t an attempt at balance, so ppl couldn’t really complain about that.

2 Likes

So one sided you banned my Tracer twice, played Lunara in both games, then proceed to ban Lunara in the last game and still won.

I still have to repay for my own sins of destructions and chaos for picking Lunara when she was in her weak state :pray: :pensive: :100:

No system can ever be perfect, but at least having captains picking teams means they have no one but themselves to blame for poor choices.

I am not trying to say anyone was at fault for how the games turned out, but merely making suggestions for what can be done differently next time, based on my experiences in forum tournaments as well as other similar games.

For example, making Karabars play nothing but Nova, and DrLogan play nothing but Zeratul!

2 Likes

Sure, why not /s
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/568927108278124544/871099226220793856/unknown.png?width=591&height=473

I will force you pin point with my plastic sword to pick Tracer or no Superior Protoss for couple of weeks.

The tourney was won by my rl firends who were kinda used to playing together, used comm and around plat in lvl.

I teamed up with Hoku for friend powa, and some low mmr folks because I didn’t want to win the tourney I hosted.
The lowest mmr (Bronze) in my team didn’t even listen to what I said and my last game was with a troll who switched from a long Arthas(?) prepick into a weird Orphea pick. So we lost, but it was what it was, I had my own fun, I learnt from it.

I actually banned your Heroes to honour you and have fun poking you, and latter banned Lunara because my weakest link suffered to much from it.

2 Likes

I have a 100% win rate on Tracer in QM. Just sayin’…

And you will have to play nothing but Johanna.

I have decided that Harbinger and I will be playing Cho’gall in every match.

1 Like

And I would let you ban all heroes again. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Don’t ban my furry though :rage:

Killing you over and over is enough fun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, a lot of fun for sure.

I’ll have my revenge next tourny, the diablo kill on braxis was hilarious though. :raised_hands:

2 Likes
1 Like

It is not planned yet.

No

1 Like

^All of this, this wasn’t the CCL, you guys had to manage player availability, different time zones and attempt to try to balance the players you could get from data provided by HP, not an easy task.

All of us who weren’t part of the planning or playing of these matches should just hush (Including me) and let you guys sort this out for yourselves.

Better luck next time and WP all.

1 Like

I think this is a very unfair statement. While I didn’t participate in this round, I did play the two previous tournaments, and had heard unhappiness from a few of the participants this time around. My suggestions weren’t meant to bash on the work people did put in, but how these could be improved in the future. The last time I did participate in one, a very similar thing happened where the first match was somewhat balanced, and the second was all but impossible.

My suggestions were put forward to avoid this in future tournaments, because if similar imbalance shows up again, it could be difficult to get 10 people willing to play.

To be told to sit down and shut up is rather insulting, even if you didn’t mean it that way.

2 Likes

Of course I didn’t mean it that way and my comment was directed more at those pointing fingers at individuals with the benefit that hindsight allows. You did no such thing and I didn’t mean to suggest people who had an interest in playing in future tournaments should say nothing and also those with experience in regards with arranging these kind of events shouldn’t make constructive criticism.

It was more some people singled out individuals for blame, which I don’t think was deserved or fair as it’s far easier to point out the mistakes after the fact, than it is to put in the work to attempt this kind of tournament in the first place.

That’s all I was saying, I hope you accept my apologies for sounding more tone deaf than I intended.

1 Like

I can agree with that behavior being unnecessary and counterproductive.

Always. :slight_smile:

3 Likes