Format: OP/Weak heroes/ mechanic

Hey do you think something could use improvements. But all you can think of is saying it needs to be better or “they suck or needs a nert”? Help us understand what you mean by filling in the following questions

1. Who are you talking about

2. Is it a talent/ult/ability/stat or about matchmaking
    B. Is it a mechanical issue or a visual
    C. What game mode are you talking about?

3. Discribe the issue fornus mention the issue?

4. What is wrong the the issue?

5. Do you have a solution in your mind

Thank you for filling in this format!

3 Likes

you’re welcome?

is this the correct response?

4 Likes

Yes ! Its polite and nice to hear

1 Like

Li Ming - Orb build

It is gameplay issue. Yo can see it everywhere, in QM, Unranked, even in Storm League.

First of all, I know Orb build is actually her worst, it is extremely situational and it makes her even more squishy than she already is.

The problem is Orb build is the best and most braindead source of pointless dmg in the entire game and it rewards bad players for nothing. Li Ming is supposed to have very high skill cap. Despite, that I have to say she is now the most common mage in my games (EU Unranked). She is extremely overpicked, she is even more popular than Kael nowadays! Plenty of bad players instalock her and go Orb build (even against heavy dive teams) because of free pointless dmg. They just spam orbs at enemy tank and they think they are carrying the game. You would say these players are simply bad, but this is so common that I think it is bigger issue than just players being bad.

Additionally, there is an important psychological effect of stats and especially MvP. When someone gets a reward, he automatically thinks he must be good. This is a big problem, because bad players can’t see their MvP for top hero dmg is pointless, and whole MvP system is bad as hell. They just got MvP, so they will more likely pick Ming in the next game…

I know good players in high ranks think Li Ming is perfectly fine, but they can also see the consequences of this problem. Li Ming has low winrate, , so devs want to buff her. It leads to dumb changes, like the recent Triumvirate buff (it now also refunds mana). I think this buff was totally unnecessary and it made everything much worse. It made life much easier for all those bad players, because now they don’t have to worry about mana at all while they are spamming orbs at enemy tanks.

My solution is rework Orb to something more rewarding, but also much harder to use properly. I can imagine something like moving AoE DoT which damages everything inside, something like moving WM’s Divine Reckoning, maybe with some activatable effect to freeze it for a short time.

4 Likes

I hate mings that go orb build. As I like to say, it’s just a inflated dmg. It’s good for padding stats and disrupting objectives like in ToD but thats it.

Personally, I think Blizzard should just change orbs interaction. If they removed Calamity and instead, made 3 orbs circle around her she could still use her teleport like a combo but from lvl 1 since it is a thing in D3. This also stops ppl from instapicking calamity since it is her only good talent and allows them to actually give her a more meaningful lvl 7 where talents do actually compete with one another.

3 Likes

I agree. I dont know if orb build for orb build mings is rewarding already but its not my playstyle. Im 100% for calimity. Even vs heavy frontline

1 Like

Orb Mings in my team seem to be useless while the enemy Orb Ming always lands big orbs on my teammates because they don’t dodge/sidestep…
I think it’s good that a hero like this exists in the game. A noobtrap that works well against noobs and is useless against good players. Something like that…

Li Ming is designed to kill targets, not to pointlessly poke them. She should kill enemy to get a reset to kill even more enemies.

Imagine Ming who just hit Johanna for with orb the fifth time in a row, because Jo is actively blocking those orbs and protecting her teammates. Jo is still really far from death because she has great self sustain and her healer is happy, because he can boost his stats for free.

Li Ming should never ever be rewarded for doing such pointless thing, but currently she is.