Force move follows mouse cursor after releasing

I play with force move on middle mouse button. As of sometime around the Nexomania patch, after pressing force move my hero follows the cursor indefinitely until I issue another move command, rather than moving towards the place I clicked.

Would really appreciate a fix for this, I found the game much easier and more satisfying to control before it happened :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Up

I also use left click for attack only and right click for move only, which is way better during teamfight, giving you a lot more control. But when I order my character to move somewhere, than you my mouse for selecting a talent for exemple or just checking the teamfight, my character keep moving where my cursor are, which is really annoying. Need improvement on the hotkeys option

For anyone suffering from this problem:

Go into the Hotkeys settings -> Quick Cast -> select any hero -> page 2 and set quick cast to “on” for the Move command.

This fixed it for me, and I only had to change it on one hero for them all to be affected.

4 Likes

i was already wondering what kind of a command force move is supposed to be at all… basicly right click without attacking anything even if you hit an enmy with it yes?

Yes, it always moves instead of attacking even if you right click on an enemy. Stops you from accidentally stopping to auto a minion when you’re fleeing for your life.

This bug is still real. Fortunately, the fix suggested by Autoquark still works, too.

It’d be really nice this bug fixed, however I found a way to work around it with out the need to switching “Hotkeys -> Quick Cast Setting -> Global Quick Cast Setting” to “On”, I prefer it to be “On Release”, so leave it the way you want it and instead select any movable hero in “Hotkeys -> Quick Cast Setting” and switch it’s “Move” ability to “On”, this will switch “Move” ability to “Quick Cast” = “On” for every hero, so you do not need to check every hero for that.
Now you should have functional “Force Move” and “Quick Cast Setting” you actually like without those interfering with each other!