Final remarks from an Alpha era player

Im sorry to say I will be pretty much done with Heroes unless I happen to hear a 180 has magically happened this game just isn’t worth it anymore. Deathwing is the last big nail in a coffin that is nailed down pretty darn well at this point. To tone him down to the level of other heroes is to do him injustice, while leaving him as is just ruins the game. At the same time adding an xp globe function that punishes long ranged heroes, making the bruiser meta even stronger.

This follows the absolute gutting of what was a thriving caster community. One I happened to very much enjoy, and really, how much more money was worth a community support system that assured a funnel of steady solid gamers into your gaming communities. It was a powerful tool to keep a vibrant community, valued by many, and tossed away because Activision is finally seeping in.

Its very sad really. I have been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft, Orcs and Humans. I loved Heroes. My buddy got an extra account that had alpha access and I played that account for 4 or 5 years I loved this game so much. This game has been the ground my friends connected upon for quite a few years now. And you guys have just destroyed it. It was a simpler game, easier to get newer players into. The developers actually had a sense of balance for the game, not cashing out on sales from the newest hero because he is so OP that not to have one on your team is to lose unless its banned, but you all still need to have it just in case its not banned.

Its a good sales model, unfortunately it has left you a community of vapid vampires. All the good people don’t like dealing with crap like that. There’s 10,000,000 pay to win games on mobile just waiting to be downloaded. If this is little better than whats the point? This company used to be the best because it was fair minded gamers making decisions as to what would make a good game, and having faith that we would reward that faith by being loyal fans, buying and playing your games. That was a symbiotic relationship. The good building upon the good.

Now scamming us into cashing in on the next hero is all that matters. There was a time I had such a respect for this game I would buy a skin I wanted just to throw a bit of money at the game that i love. Now I would rather not play than pay for it. Its transformed from a symbiotic relationship into a parasitic one. Developing a good game for your gamers has long since taken a backseat to profiteering.

THIS IS A MISTAKE AND ITS GOING TO SLOWLY KILL THIS COMPANY!

As a former fan, I sincerely hope you do listen to your current fans for a change.

1 Like

This might help you a bit with the DW problem:

The xp globes? That’s a (so-called) “Nexus Anomaly”, which means it’s an “unstable change” (means it not a perma change if the community doesn’t want it, and it looks like they don’t want it, so, don’t give up yet).

4 Likes

The globes will most likely go away. People can’t whistand having to play harder and that really kills the pvp side of the game ,it sadly is dead as far as competition goes.

You can mourn Activision being trash.

The rest is pink tainted nostalgia glasses this game has been made easier and easier from alpha to this moment.

Also WC3, SC and especially D2 pvp communities had a way more brutal face than this friendly forum.

1 Like

You joined 4 days ago. I can understand that if youre new, however I cant help but feel you would have mentioned Qhira having issues sooner than deathwing, everyone wants to bandwagon that hes “OP!!!” however most people who bandwagon that- dont own deathwing.

With that said. I kind of want to doubt that you’re an “alpha” player considering that, again. I would have suspected more posts on the forums sooner, about other busted heroes, sooner. Not just “deathwing borked” one day out of the blue.

Deathwing is no where near op. And even if he was it’s no reason to quit the game over

Which is a shame.

I have been playing since Alpha as well. I think Deathwing was a good idea. We haven’t had a “unique” character in a while (Aba, Cho’Gall,) If anything, the game is going back to it’s roots.

1 Like

On and off from beta. I don’t really see anything wrong with the Exp stuff. maybe just make the ranged longer. I see it as most people want to just nuke a lane from a mile away and go to the next getting Exp.

1 Like

Oh look. Another alpha player leaves game because no reason.

The xp change is not perma. It will be here rest of the season then gets removed again when they see how much negativ feedback they got on it.

Also i’m a player who been here since beta and i dont leave the game just because of new changes i dont like. Just need to adapt to the new changes,

If only they asked for help instead of complain

1 Like

asking for help??? that’s restricted for them. either complain or go home!