So I had this idea that would hopefully make the experience system easier to understand for newbies and veterans alike.
In the stat screen add an experience bar that fills up as your team gains experience. Different sources of XP have different colors(heroes=red, minions=yellow, structures=blue or something).
People can already mouse over the experience to see the numerical amounts of XP, and their sources. But, a visual image might make it easier for people to understand why they are up, even, or below levels.
3 Likes
I agree that xp sources need to be more visual, it would certainly help as a learning tool. A lack of learning tools is a big gripe amongst players and whilst we keep talking about training videos etc, an easy to see xp breakdown to track xp in real time is also a great learning tool.
I agree that hovering your mouse at the top of your screen to get this breakdown is a little too hidden (i didn’t know about it until i was like level 500).
I think a great place for your xp breakdown is in the Tab screen. People learn pretty quickly what the Tab screen does as they use it to check their epeen.
If screen clutter was an issue, then of all things, i’d like for minion xp to be a lot more visual.
From a macro / strategic perspective, I feel it’s an important tool to know (at least to learn from) is that the enemy has soaked 3000 more xp than us which is why they’re in front. I was thinking a bar that sways left to right (blue to red) depending on which team has soaked more minion xp. If the bar stays in the middle, the two teams are evenly matched.
A more visual aid for experience would be very nice.
I don’t think i made it clear but I had the tab screen in mind for this feature as well.
The experience feature is kinda opaque, so yeah, something like a big bar of red hero xp right before level 10 might help some people understand why they are losing, or winning.
1 Like