Expectations for the future HoTS

I finally realized that I don’t hate Heroes of the Storm at all. I just refuse to play a game that offers no updates. When a game is “dead” people feel it. In the que times, the general chat, and they see a lack of involvement from their friends. I have to future hopes for the game.

1. They add a feature that allows me to pick which maps I will play. I HATE Diablo and anything to do with demons and hell. Not a fan, and I don’t want my kid to play it either.
  2. I hope they change their quest structure to be like Hearthstone. Click to roll a new quest.

Take care all have a blessed day!

1 Like

This just in: Warcraft features demons (maybe not from hell but demons) and undead, and most characters in this game are from Warcraft. Gonna demand not to play against those characters?

9 Likes

Almost no support doesn’t mean it’s dead though. Game is online and you can still play it, which is fine for me.

If you have problems with that, you should honestly stop playing Hots.

6 Likes

In HS, you can be unable to complete a quest because you don’t own the cards needed. So in a card game, quest re-rolls are necessary. In HotS that isn’t possible. You can always complete quests. Also, the point of the quest is to get you to use heroes you don’t usually use. So they’re never going to give us a re-roll.

7 Likes

I’m not going to say the updates to HOTS are groundbreaking or frequent, but we have had many balance patches and reworks this year, which isn’t bad for a game that doesn’t have a dedicated development team.

The demons and hell in Diablo while influenced by Judeo-Christian history divert from those beliefs and have a distinctly different and unique lore. So much so that it only really uses real life theology as a mere veneer, it’s not in any respect a one to one analog.

Having said that, if you don’t like this aspect of HOTS, that’s completely fair. Unfortunately your desire for map bans are unlikely to happen due to the low player population and the fact that HOTS is in maintenance mode as a classic game.

8 Likes

I knew a South African couple where the husband refused to play anything nasty, including the Horde or a Warlock in WoW. One doesn’t toy with evil.

3 Likes

I have no problem with that. I have a friend who only likes to play as male heroes. Personal preference isn’t the problem, expecting Blizzard to add a feature to cater to your personal preference as the OP suggests, is IMO unrealistic.

8 Likes

Not to mention, there are legitimate reasons for devs not to add such features.
For example, if you could disable playing with or against Warcraft heroes, that’s like banning half the roster. So players could use such options to get an advantage in the game, and not because of certain “sensibilities”.

Like Soren Johnson (designer on Civilization) said: “given the opportunity, the player will optimize the fun out of the game”

11 Likes

Demons in Diablo are not the minions of Satan. For all intents and purposes, they are aliens. They’re just evil, magic aliens from another planet who want to destroy another fantasy planet called Sanctuary.

As long as you make sure your children know the difference between fantasy and reality, “fantasy demons” aren’t going to hurt them.

8 Likes

The problem is that even if you could control the map, you can’t control which heroes will be on your team unless you only play in a 5 man group. Even in AI with AI team mates, there is a decent chance you will end up with a Mephisto, Butcher, or even Diablo himself on your team. Implementing too many features that remove elements of the game will only fracture the already small playerbase even further, making it even harder to find matches.

2 Likes

If you hate that so much then it would be better for you to find a game that has nothing of that.

No one force you to complete those quests and they can be completed in AI mode if you really hate them like winning 3 games can sometimes be cursed.

3 Likes

What an interesting quote. Is it Counter Strike where you have players who like to mod the game so that the graphics are stripped down to their raw polygons to optimise gameplay visibility and performance?

As a side note, i just downloaded the revised Diablo 2. When you first log in it asks you to adjust the contrast of your screen so you can just barely see the image on your screen. It asks you to do this to maximise your experience.

From a gameplay perspective, in order to maximise your chances of winning it’s best to keep your contrast high to improve your chances of seeing all the monsters on screen. Personally i went for the experience, i want the dungeons to becdark and spooky.

2 Likes

Must…resist…commentary! :speak_no_evil: :sweat_drops:

2 Likes

How can u use future and hots in same sentence ?

What can we expect?

Reworks - because it’s easier to change some talents than bringing a new hero to the Nexus.
Old events and new themed events that will last for months - new skins, sprays, portraits, mounts, etc.

No new maps, maybe only one hero per year if we are lucky, no major improvements or new additions.

That’s all for Heroes of the Storm.

I think the quote was meant more in the way of “players will play the ‘best’ (meta) builds, instead of having fun with the options given”.

For civilization in particular, there are many civilizations you can choose with different traits and stuff, and a handful of ways to win the game, which leads to a huge variety on you can play it.
However “min/maxers” will play based on what gives them the biggest advantage, so they usually focus on military strength and science output (to research new military tech), and practically don’t even interact with other game systems like culture, religion, diplomacy, etc.

1 Like

Honestly, knowing what little I do about Diablo, it seems more like Law vs. Chaos rather than Good vs. Evil, with the only –strictly– good forces being the Monks

3 Likes

That’s my reading of it also. You have “good” heroes such as Imperius who superficially is on the side of good being an angel, but is much more concerned with order and justice than being “good.” The same could be said for Tyrael who is probably the closest hero that would be aligned with basic notions of doing good, but his actions and words in D3 are usually more concerned with justice than anything else.

1 Like

^^ No sir. If you actually cared about the game? You’d still be playing it regardless, updates or not. The Real reason you’re not playing is, NOT because of lack of updates. It’s because you just don’t give a damn about the game anymore.

There’s the door. Take your whining and GTFO.

The rest of us however, will continue to play and enjoy the game for as long as it still remains up. And we’ll be thankful for as long as we are able to do so.

1 Like

That’s what losers do though, they compensate for their miserable lives with politics and religion. No one with a healthy lifestyle is sitting there debating religion and politics in blizzard games and forums unless they’re rock bottom.

Lowest of the low, if you ask me.

3 Likes