Education system at work

So my account is silenced, I tried not being my toxic self and just telling people to do more damage or stop feeding…I guess this still lands you in ban land after having to say it every game. I don’t care about that though.

This is about my last game. Butcher, whom ended up with 0 meat after a 20+ minute game kept blaming the team. He suicided in 1on3 at one point and expected me to somehow save him, he thinks he was tanking them with his 0 meat. The Greymane told him, “He is muted, he can’t see your messages.” The Butcher responded with, “Oh, i’ll just report him then.” Really…thats all, I can’t add anything to that.

https:/–/imgur.com/a/A3VmloI Look at those stats
https:/–/imgur.com/a/XNNR3Qu I dug into the replay to get his meat lol…
https:/–/imgur.com/a/saZViq7 and this one is Greymane telling him I can’t see his messages LOLOL.

2 Likes

Dude, hide the names of the players. >.>

2 Likes

what is the op trying to tell here?

2 Likes

Seems like you keep losing the link to the only thread you should be posting in. Let me help you…

7 Likes

Technically implying that someone is feeding is a putdown. Especially if they think they are not and even more so if there is a reason behind it.

Their reports will not do anything as long as you are doing nothing worth reporting. Even if you were playing badly (which I am in no position to judge), playing badly is not a reportable offence so joke is on the Bucther.

I had something similar in an ARAM a few weeks ago. Some butcher player complaining and demanding his friends report me for throwing because I went wave of fire poke build as Diablo when the enemy team had ETC + 2 Oprheas and other high tier classes against an entirely melee team. If I were to have dived in with Butcher then ETC would immediately have power slided into Moshpit on top of us into 2 Orphea ultimates. By standing back I could always apocalypse ETC out of his moshpit, which ETC clearly was holding back on using as a result. Ended game with fewest deaths and even reasonable hero damage.

Also considering I do not main Diablo, what honestly were they expecting? GM level plays with him? To be carried? I would have chosen Thrall or many of the other heroes I play considerably more often but it is ARAM not SL.

I made omlette du fromage and one slice whole wheat toast spread with cream cheese. After, I cut some strawberries and pineapple. It was pretty delicious.

2 Likes

Sooner or later you will see giving advice or commenting on 15 death Butcher’s death count doesn’t work in 99,9% of cases. It just riles up these types even more and will ensure they report you.

I think the last time I commented on a teammates gameplay choice was around 2015. Didn’t take long to realize how futile it is.

Unless you play with friends try to keep chat as minimal as possible (or if you are playing with decent people, for shot calls like ‘boss’ or ‘core’). This way silences are very unlikely as well.

Well i mean i get why you got silenced.

Constant bickering about trying to “educate” others are somewhere between rarely to never actual education.
Like those guys that spam ping you everytime you die.
It’s not like the guys dying are thinking “Ohh hey i know how to win games, i just die alot” they die mainly because they are terrible players.
It’s not like they die on purpose, they ACTUALLY think they are doing their best efforts.

By constantly commenting on people dying or “feeding” or whatever it is you do, you either make them frustrated, mad or unfocuzed.
And that overall is bad in the long run.

If you wanna climb in anyway, then you gotta change you, you might think “Hey i can’t climb, because everyone sucks” but that’s not the case, you are the only variable you can change, it is that simple, that is the reason why high ranked players can smurf their way up in ranks, and why high ranked players constantly are able to climb to higher ranks.

So to sum it up, i am glad you got silenced, hopefully it is a educational time for you asmuch as you tried to educate others.

1 Like

I report potatoes for everything and blizz sends me e-mails thanking my effort maintaining clean the Nexus!

1 Like

By the sound of that individual case you’re right, you didnt deserve a report against you.

Everyone gets unjustified reports against their name. Fortunately, the system takes that kind of behaviour into consideration. To compensate, the volume of reports required to get you silenced is quite high because they know full well that a percantage of reports will be false.

If a person gets silenced, it’s because they have demonstrated without a doubt consistent toxic behaviour.

Not everyone can be reasoned with. Even if they are not considered people, at least they serve a purpose. If you were part of the enemy team, they may as well be fodder to help you ascend through the ranks.

Based on your posting history, I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the only case.

1 Like

Even if someone is intentionally dying every time they spawn and walk into the enemy towers, it’s considered abusive chat to say to your team “report x player for feeding” as it’s considered a threat under the code of conduct.

I have no idea if you were polite or not, but it doesn’t matter, if someone thinks you’re “patronizing” that is grounds for a silence, if they think you’re being “sarcastic” ditto.

I understand why you might do this…but it’s not the way the report system is supposed to be used. You can’t report someone if they are just playing bad, but people do so all the time. What’s to stop them? Only their own conscience, but as everyone knows you aren’t going to be punished for false reporting, they report and just get a thank you email from Blizz.

1 Like

Well, potatoes are AFK/NonParticipating in my fun. There is a report option for that…

That actually sounds fantastic, wow.

1 Like

Thank you! I just had to share that here since this thread is about sharing a random things.

1 Like

If they really are AFK, then sure, but if they are just playing poorly then it’s not a reason to report them.

wrong, you can report someone for abusive chat the moment they say anything in chat and it is fully automated, also abusive chat is the only report that does anything.

2 Likes

Despite what you will hear from the regular Blizzard appologists in this forum, the reporting system is broken and ineffective. It does nothing to stop any of the behavior it was designed to stop, and worse, it creates a “chill bro” environment that frustrates players who are trying to play well, or better.

Simply put, self policing, and self selecting (sigh into ranked), are horrible horrible, lazy ideas.

Matchmaking could be fantasic, even genre defining, BUT no time is spent trying anything different, because (as the apologists will tell you) other games have the same issue, or it’s impossible. Again, this is lazy defeatist thinking that if true, would mean no progress or improvent can be made anyway for anything . . . . clearly not true.

Bottom line, put me in charge of HoTs and I will deliver you a competitive game that crushes all other MOBAS. Why? Cause I’d make the focus of the game, skilled competition.

If you think I’m getting off topic, let me explain . . . HoTs is fundamentally flawed because noone has very clearly defined the goal for the game. Judging by what devs deliver, the goals is skins, needless reworks, and events . . .

The goal is NOT competition, or they wouldn’t silence you for aggressivly telling people to stop doing dumb things, AND they’d make if far easier to ensure someone like the butcher you described got removed from the games competitive modes quickly.

Sad thing is, the silences and bans that HoTs implements lose it money, and again, do nothing to stop the behavior. Why, because everyone knows you just create a new account.

I got silenced once, and you know what the effect was? I’ll never again spend any money whatsoever on Blizzard games. I had probably spent over 2000 on various Blizzard titles, and a good sum on HoTs . . . but . . . I learned it’s silly to buy things that will arbitrarily be taken away because players who can’t judge good play, and don’t care to improve, decide to click a button.

So, unfortunately, as much as I think you should have never been silenced, and I think instead you should have been able to suspend your buthcer from competitive modes for awhile . . . Blizzard has no clue what it’s doing.

1 Like

What’s with the awful formatting though when you could just do:

https://imgur.com/a/A3VmloI
https://imgur.com/a/XNNR3Qu
https://imgur.com/a/saZViq7

Anyway, why was Butcher trying to report? Someone should report him for feeding.

12 deaths and zero meat? I can’t perform that badly unless I wanted to troll, even on butcher.

Guess so.

Despite having empathy for your disposition, you do seem very annoying and highly punchable if your posts on the forums are any indication.

1 Like