Dva really bothers me

here is a simple common scenario :

almost kill her ( mech )
She jumps out , ( full health )
Almost kill her too , calls a new mech .
mech is back to full health
kill it , shes back out again, but with full health… :expressionless:

its not a problem of balance or difficulty to deal with, its more a question of logic . why can simply going in or out of a mech get her instantly to full health ?!

why wouldnt she simply have her own health separate from the mech ?
so if she would be really injured when outside, she would recover he HP slowly until it would get back to full health again or something. ( like 2 health bars , one for her and one for the mech )

end of my rant , sorry :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

She feels a lot like murky because of this. Just near impossible to get rid of if played well.

2 Likes

If I see D’va I see only 6% sadism.

15 Likes

add to that fact that she has an EXCELENT escape or chasing tool.
in many occasions ive seen Dvas chase and kill an emey under their towers and get away relatively safely .

im not saying shes unbalanced , because i have killed my share of people under enemy towers with medivh or some other characters. im just saying its a thing about her HP that bothers me lol

1 Like

each death is 0.5 hero xp. So let her keep dying.

Dosen’t matter, each mech death is ~1/6th of a level.

I agree. Her design is pretty stupid ngl. That’s OW for you. :expressionless:

the rest of overwatch i have no problem really, its simply the fact that she doesnt have a separate HP from her mech

Her mech has a health bar.

The second health bar is her jumpsuit.

She puts on a fresh jump suit as she comes out of the mech.

If you pause the exit animation at just the right time…

7 Likes

No its not. Before her rework you didn’t give a f*** about her hp mechanics. And now you have a problem with it? Nah, your just whining because you like to whine about nothing.

6 Likes

Pre rework with my build, I could tank as much as 57,374 dmg at lvl 20.
Now, it’s 28,981 dmg, which is half.

No more Nanoweave Suit, Expensive Plating, Get through This! and DM on 75% DR.

2 Likes

agreed there should be a hard cooldown on how often she can summon mech,
atleast 20 seconds between seems right.
but as a trade off i don’t think mech deaths should count as deaths, because noone died.

While I do find her somewhat balanced at the moment, I do agree the Mech summon frequency is a bit annoying.

Especially since it has 0s cooldown, if Self-destruct was used to enter Pilot Mode.
Would be nice if it was at least a couple seconds.

It would feel kind of bad using abilities and AA’s on her with no reward. Killing her Mech would give nothing to the person who used resources against it.

1 Like

I mean… That’s literally her description lol

5 Likes

but then you can kill the squishy little d.va while she’s in her squish form for 20 seconds :slight_smile:
maybe we make her worth 1.5 kills when you kill d.va?

She IS unbalanced. 100% popularity in pro games.

2 Likes

of course i did mentioned that before in the past too lol its not just some random thing that started annoying me overnight :rofl:

like i said , im not complaning balance wise and stuff , shes balanced , its the logic of ,
“im almost dead”
gets in mech
mech gets immediately wrecked
back to full health in less than 3 seconds lol

i dont think there should be a nerf on that, Dva isnt a character thats easily balanced but i thinks shes good . not sure if the changes made on her were positives or negatives in the view of Dva mains but thats a whole different debate lol

just to be clear, im not saying im annoyed by it gameplay wise , its the logical side . think like in a different game
“hey , my car is damaged pretty hard , i know lets put it in my garage !”
parks car in garage
takes out car 5 seconds later
car is now in perfect condition

im not against it, but logic bothers me just as much XD

thats not wrong :rofl:

thats sound more like a nerf and i dont think it would be right .

really ? is she just popular because of popularity’s sake due to the rework or is it due to overperformance ??

im actually quite surprised lol

Take a page from Uther when trying to apply logic to a video game. “Try not to think about it too hard.”

I mean, if Medivh can completely bypass conservation of mass when turning into a bird…

2 Likes

me realizing ive have never even considered this possibility

me then realizing the actual consequences conservation of mass from transforming back and forth into a bird and i shouldnt think too hard about it because ill end up overthing thinking stuff again . . . .

i mean, transforming back and forth would have devastating consequences to medivh’s surrounding , like a small explosion’s worth of damage kind of consequences ! :thinking: this would be way overthinking this but its deffintely interesting !

but what about alexstraza :neutral_face:

damn it Hoku !! :expressionless:
ok, never mind my issue with Dva. its now irrelevant to the headache of trying to put logic into those 2 !

4 Likes

gamer nanites infusing D.va’s bloodstream with mountain dew molecules obviously.

5 Likes