Does anyone think Rexxar is just a tiny bit OP as all HELL

His wn is 60% in dia and above. That is the highest wn in that league. The lvl 13 talent for AS and 15 armor and health regen from lvl 4 make him quite tanky and his dmg is off the chart.

Honestly he does so much dmg after 13 its insane. Just pick lvl 7 talent for bird and you can keep that buff nonstop.

When i play with my friend our wn spikes every time one of us picks him. He is so strong that we can see quite ez that picking him increases our chance to win.Yet no one bans or picks him. Its like no one knows he is so strong.

2 Likes

The hero is hard to play when you have to micro Rexxar and Misha so that neither of them die. Not as easy as you think. LULW

3 Likes

Im at best plat 5 or 4 and can make him work quite nice. So he aint that hard. Tho i did spend a lot of time playing TLV as a joke (looks cool for other ppl to watch me sweat as i try to desperately keep em alive).

So i doubt he is that hard. You only need to practice a little.

Like I’ve said before, people don’t ban or pick heroes that are strong, they ban or pick heroes they think are strong.

For example, Diablo has a 46.1% winrate but has been banned almost 20k times this past week.
Rexxar has a 57.0% winrate (literally the highest in the game and beating out the next best contender, Rehgar, by a whopping 3.1%) but has only been banned just over 700 times this week.

5 Likes

He’s definitely very strong borderline unkillable in the right hands, but you must be able to micro to even approach his potential. I second the ideas that 1) you’re probably better than you think and 2) people need to understand heroes to appreciate their strength. I remember thinking Rexxar was “bad” in the very beginning, years ago. Maybe you’re plat, but there are 3 whole ranks beneath you, and plat generally means you’re mechanically quite proficient. Rexxar is known as a mechanically demanding hero. I tend to turn on my Starcraft brain when I play Rexxar, then he becomes easier.

1 Like

Geomancer/Meepo was one of my mains in DotA: Allstars, so microing only a single main hero, and a barebones off-hero is nothing.

In any case, picking a stacking hero against Rexxar is good. Sylvanas, Tychus, Cho’Gall, Tracer, Raynor, etc.

2 Likes

Once and for all. Rexxar is not overtuned. MISHA however is CRAZY OP. Ridiculous self healing (rexxar presses the button but…), a crazy good stun AND DAMMAGE. so NO REXXAR isn’t the problem ITS FREAKIN MISHA !!! tone down her healing…

JUST A TINY BIT OP AS ALL HELL

Brain melting

6 Likes

Well, Rexxar has been #1 on hotslogs for a long while now.

He made the forum text thiccer :man_facepalming:

Butcher is #1 in DIA/M last 30 days so maybe dont go there.

Ye, people knew Rexxar is OP, thats why Misha received pretty reasonable hp buffs/nerfs last patch.
(see what I did there?)

1 Like

Yes, but we have it from HotS team that Rexxar has always been performing very well.

And gotta agree on the brain melting part of the title of this thread.

1 Like

He was performing well before when braxxis was on rotation until volskaya came
Whether or not he is balanced after this last nerfs i am glad he is pickable elsewhere.

Well, look here:

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22911361/#rexxar

Never being under 50% winrate at high level play probably meant that he was (and still is!) viable on every map.

Banrate is more than just who you think is strong, it’s who you think will be picked.

Let’s say, for example, that Diablo’s pick # is at 7954, which it is, and Rexxar’s is 2160. This means that banning Diablo is much more likely to hit a playable hero on the enemy team than say, Rexxar. (This is not including banrate, which Diablo is 20k and Rexxar is 500.)

A lot of people don’t realize this, but a lot of people who play in pro leagues and master league, they know about each other. So they know what heroes you’re good with, what heroes you’re bad with, and which ones to ban. That’s one of the reasons Maiev is banned so often.

In the end banning is more than just banning what hero is the “most meta”, banning is about eliminating a playable hero from the enemy team’s roster.

1 Like

Rexxar’s early game just got nerfed. Lets see where that puts him after a couple weeks and go from there.

not really that hard

must say he is getting A LOT MORE attention than before. and is becoming quite a threat. agreed

He is indeed a bit too strong, that’s why they nerfed him a bit last patch.

1 Like

Unfortunately a character being hard to play does not warrant them being better. I think rexxar is a little bit to strong at the moment, but unless the meta shifts to him being pick or ban then he is probably fine. And honestly, controlling rexxar and misha is not that hard.

getting 1v1’d by misha in the off-lane as Artanis when you spec specifically for beating tanks to death is really quite something else. I haven’t played Rexxar in a year but it doesn’t feel right for AA Artanis to get out-AA’d by Misha
(Seasoned Marksman, Shield Battery, Chrono Surge, Suppression Pulse, Graviton Vortex and Titan Killer)

People aren’t smart enough to kill rexxar, and often hit the bear. It a problem with the hero design, it confuses the already confused player base.

IMO the skill levle in HoTs is decreasing steadily over time. I play rag a lot now, because people literally don’t understand his abilities when he takes a tower. I can get 2 or 3 kills just because people stand around and take the hits.

TBH rexxar is pretty easy to kill or scare away, but no if you aren’t hitting him lol.

2 Likes