Does anyone ever pick "Double up" on Garrosh?

I have used it for counter-engages of wombo combos, at the exact same time as Indomitable, just to make sure I survive to counter. But it’s supper rare. Almost NU.

1 Like

I would pick it more if they called it Tank Up.

Still can’t believe they missed that.

1 Like

“More Cowbell” would have worked for me.

References are nice, but…

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Tank_Up!

It’s right there. Like, ya already named the trait after Hearthstone.

1 Like

I freely admit, I played HS to get the free flying pony in WoW, then it seemed a little too tough to keep up with decks. :frowning:

1 Like

I think they’re saving that for Hammer or Tychus.

It’s difficult, because you can’t use it to save him from % damage.
You want to use it against burst, but too often you’re getting bursted when you’re chain CC’d and can’t use it.

If there was a talent to compare it to, I’d say Valla’s Gloom.
You generally have to activate it ahead of time, it still lasts the same amount of time.
But Gloom has some massive advantages to cover it’s disadvantages compared to Double Up.

Advantage 1, Gloom provides 20 spell armor passively.
Advantage 2, Gloom has a 5 second cooldown.
Advantage 3, Gloom lasts 5 seconds instead of 3.

Disadvantage 1, Gloom only provides spell armor.
Disadvantage 2, Gloom requires and consumes Hatred.

I’d say the passive easily makes up for it only providing spell armor.
And Garrosh’s requirement to have low health puts him at higher risk than Valla’s requirement to stack, since she can stack on anything.
So if it could have either a passive, or increased duration, or something, perhaps it could be a better option.

1 Like

What about Arthas’ Icebound Fortitude? It’s his talent against burst and cc. While Garrosh has potencially ‘Double up’ and ‘Indomitable’ for similar effect (against burst and cc).

Both Arthas and Garrosh have to press it in time, when they think they would get a lot of focus, while Valla is ranged assassine and it’s easier to position as ranged assassine than as tank.

1 Like

Icebound is more important to Arthas because he has little ways of self peeling, no escape, and his trait doesn’t help him survive. Also, he doesn’t care how much health he has. He just gets the armor guaranteed, so it’s an easy pick with clear value for Arthas.

1 Like

Its a good comparasent to see how the talent lacks
Icebound is also on 7
Double up on 13
Mostly the lvl 7 talents are stronger. But arthas his 7 reduces CC as well. This cant work on garrosh because of his self cleanse on 4. Think the most logical is to reduce the CDR

Think as garrosh the W or Q gives shield gives more value overral

Its like summers anthem on lucio too situational to be good. Only time I can see myself Garrosh armor talent is when facing KTZ or tychus. Cant think of more

its like… fine? the other options are just better though, generally.

Then it’s not fine?.

Btw,

I just realized that the talent “Intimidation

Intimidation (Level 7)
Groundbreaker reduces the Attack Speed of Heroes hit by 40% for 4 seconds.

Doesn’t actually do what it says. It only reduces attack speed if you stun the enemy hero.

There can be multiple things to compare it to.
As far as how Arthas works, so the situations where you’d be likely to use it, it’s probably a better comparison.
But I think it’s worth noting that Icebound Fortitude has the same effect no matter when you activate it, while Double Up and Gloom have some kind of conditions to be met.

Double Up requiring you to already be at low health to gain its maximum benefit makes it stupidly hard to use effectively.
You have to be missing 24% of your max health to equal Icebound Fortitude’s total armor, but since half of that is coming from your trait, you actually have to be down at 50% of your max health for the GAIN from Double Up to equal Icebound Fortitude’s.
That’s a hell of a big downside, on top of not providing the CC resistance, and coming later in the game.

It is easier to position as Valla, no question.
It’s also easier to die in the blink of an eye from slightly off positioning.

1 Like

Double Up! is complete dog water. It’s counter-intuitive because of how his passive already works and there’s no reason to ever take it over the other 2 and both will get more value, unless you have a specific scenario where it’s useful, the other 2 will naturally get more value.

I’d rework the talent and have it give Garrosh a shield based on his armor or make him lose his armor for 5 seconds, but heal him for a % based on his Armor. Say 1% per 2 armor? Would make the Max heal roughly 25% of his max HP and would be really good when getting out of a fight and back in (Counter-Engage).