Do you think this game can die like paragon?

Well the dumb xp changes won’t improve the situation.
Like i always said nice game worst playerbase.

1 Like

It had zero waifus :expressionless:

2 Likes

First i laughed at your reply, but after 2 minute thinking… wait a minute. This is true. I personally skip the game automatically if it’s dosen’t have any waifu. I played 2 times borderlands 2 with my brother on ps 4 and i choosed the waifus. Mario kart on wii… tekken on xbox… everywhere waifu xD

After i realized this i can give to this company as an advice to make more waifus. It will be succesfull.

2 Likes

Sheesh, and people say HotS is too passive.

That’s funny and sad.

3 Likes

and yet it’s more stuff than earlier winter veils.

2014: 2 epic skins, mount
2015: 1 epic, 1 legendary, 1 mount
2016: 1 epic, 1 legendary, 1 mount
2017: 1, epic, 1 legendary, 2 rare, 1 mount, sprays and junk
2018: 3 skins (legendary, epic, rare?) + 2 mounts?, + announcer and sprays and junk

4 Likes

Paragon died because of drastic game-play changes too often and the fact that it had a huge RNG based system inside the game which gave unfair advantages to people who grinded for the lucky uber cards.

Basically everytime the they made “major” changes to the game, you could’ve basically given the game itself a new title because it had changed that much. The community felt ignored we would constantly have to re-learn how to play the game.

Take Hots for example: They removed bullets from towers, reworked a couple of heroes, introduced new maps, but at the end the game hasn’t really changed too much, yes we had to adapt our gameplay but it wasn’t too drastic unless you were a TLV main.

Compare this to Paragon: Completely changed the map, Completely changed how the card system worked, completely changed how you travel, how you farm, how you lane, and etc. I get the game was in Alpha and Beta, but when you have to completely relearn the game as if from scratch it get frustrating. Not only was it too frustrating, but the changes were conceive most of the time irrelevant and made the game worst.

Eventually the game consistently became a different game, if that make sense.

There are also other theories to it dying, like the departure of the head developer of the game who started it all and Epic games being bought out by Tencent but I don’t know much about this area.

Damn, those greedy developers making more content than last year…

to be a bit more fair, the concern from the reply to which I posted may have concerns regarding a new hero in december instead of just two hero reworks and/or an xp shift that might not even happen till next year, if not later. Similarly, the last … two? years had ‘promises’ for game changes completely fall through.

a hefty shift on that would be to have the previous ama regarding rank/mmr/etc actually follow through come next season.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Diablo 3 got a major expansion pack “Reaper of Souls” and then another class expansion pack added with the Necromancer.

D3 may be on a skeleton crew, but they have seasonal events, rewards and new items, it wasn’t quite release and then just forget.

1 Like

thing with D3 is the word of progress wayback when was it was paced to have a second expansion and that certainly didnt happen. Some of the map/content added alongside the necropack is clearly incomplete zones, dialogues and quests not meant for bounty mode as it is accessed at present so some of the aspirations clearly dropped off.

however, swtich sales may rekindle some life for D3, though i’d like to think despite Immortal undershadowing? some game prospects, i had hoped to see a druid or amazon character pack announcement from blizzcon and that didnt happen.

I figure hots making cassia meant there was stuff in line for a d3 version of the zon XD

3 Likes

Ok, I have to completely disagree with that because the opposite is literally happening. Hero releases have slowed down a LOT to fit in more skin and rework events.
We’re having reworks and tweaks on heroes all the time now, whilst before it was a rare event. Azmodan, Jimmy, Sylvanas, Stiches, Diablo, Lunara, Kerrigan, Tyrande, and more. So that’s a completely flawed statement.

You have to see the self-contradiction here right? The more heroes the more variety and choice you have, not a narrowing down. Narrow was HotS 1.0 and before, that was narrow…
With all the reworks coming out as well, narrow? It’s not LoL but it sure as heck isn’t narrow.

Blizzard has a lot of flaws, but you need to be objective on where to point them, and this ain’t one of them.

2 Likes

Them what they should rework in the game to be healthy?