Did They Really Remove the Ability to Close Whispers?

Summed up in the title. Did they really remove the ability to close whispers? I go to close a whisper with a mate who’s gone offline, and go to do it the same way I always do…and what do you know, it’s gone.

Seriously, why is “removing features” even a good thing? What benefit is there to making me have to press tab more times? It’s the most frustrating thing ever having to scroll through whispers. It’s the reason I told people not to message me on Overwatch. Because I don’t want to have their permanent thing there. And no, I don’t want to use “muh hotkeys”. The fact of the matter is that using tab is perfectly fine provided I can close their damn whispers. I’m OK with scrolling through group and team chats. Because that’s 2, you can’t exactly mess that up. But having to scroll through people’s names is annoying. And “muh hotkeys” isn’t going to save that. I shouldn’t have to use “muh hotkeys” in order to talk.

Seriously, closing/leaving whispers is something that should be in every Blizzard game. But instead, it’s removed from the one game I played that let me do it. Removing features like this that are universally useful (seriously, I doubt anyone is going to say “muh hotz is better off without the ability to leave whisperz”).

So now I have to restart in order to get rid of damn whispers. Bring it back.

I can still close whispers, even with offline people.

I did it not an hour ago.

I’ll check tomorrow and see if I can reproduce this bug.

Please in the future note that their is a “Bug report” section of the forums where this might be more appropriate.

Actually, a relevant post in that section (Bug Report - Heroes of the Storm Forums) may still be valid. Just, please, PLEASE, first read the article of writing a good bug report (Bug Attachment Guidelines)!

thank you

1 Like

Hey man, I didn’t think it was a bug, otherwise I would have reported it as a bug. A big update came out, and I assumed one of the features was that they removed the ability to close chats.

If I knew it was a bug, I would have reported it as a bug. I assumed this was deliberate removal of features. So don’t start being condescending, even if it was a bug. Of course my first thought after a big update when I see something gone is “Why the hell did they remove this?” and not “Is this a bug?”

The problem seems to have been resolved now. So it was a bug. But again, I was not reporting a bug, I was reporting what seemed to be a removed feature.

The “Please in the future note…” stuff doesn’t make you seem polite, it makes you seem condescending. Get to the point and say “It’s a bug, report it here.”.

1 Like

He wasn’t being condescending. He was being helpful. Don’t lash out at people trying to help you or they won’t bother and you’ll be on your own.

3 Likes

I’ve heard the same things he said before from others. LobsterEMP is probably right in his assessment.

I have and probably will continue to sound condescending at times I do not mean to.

Sadly, an issue I will probably not easily solve, has to do with my (now very minor) executive functioning issues.

Sorry, not my intent, see above.

But why do you even consider the removal of closing whispers a possibility? Why would they do that? They don’t just remove stuff from the game. They do things on purpose and that’d hold zero. So next time if you see something which has zero benefits nor replaced anything old, assume it’s a bug and not the complete removal of useful and basic functions.