Counters of the Storm: Hogger

If I can help with this to at least one person I call it a win.
At worst, I have a “useless” thread among the many :smiley:

2 Likes

Well before saying counter and such lets wait 1 month after release - new heroes tends to be powerhouses before post release nerfs - which is good marketing way to make people buy new stuff - “look new ‘OP’ hero … only this month”

We don’t need one month to know, that if a Hero can become Unstoppable, TimeStop is a handy tool.
We don’t need one week to know that a Hero who has delayed or telegraphed abilities are easy to counter.
We don’t need one day to know that a hero who can create additional Terrain will benefit Heroes who interact with Terrain.

We can’t know for sure who we’ll be the best counters, but we know what can be abused against certain kits, just by looking at the “papers”.

The upcoming nerfs will only make the counters stronger.

But we’ll see.

soo when is maintenance supposed to be exactly? I thought it was past the time already but no update or anything

30-90 mins from now I’d say (only a guess).

1 Like

Considering that I have been 1 shot by W build Hanzo’s W as a 100% health DW, yes. That thing can wreck once you hit 16.

It’s not really a counter, but maybe interesting that Hogger’s R1 and D works well with Lucio’s Slide and his 1 talent.

Pick Anub and coocon/cc chain him dead
Was fun doing that in my game right now.

Hogger is OP.

He can:

• Smash himself into walls
  • Smash other people into walls
  • Not care

Truly OP

A friend and I were memeing about this a lot yesterday

Actually Hogger need fix - as his bouncing indicator are sometimes shown wrong. I would have understand if I was in stasis and some obstacle vanish but even without it indicator points sometimes wrong.

Yea, I also experienced issues with the ricochet indicators.

1 Like

Where is my fenix or butcher?:face_with_head_bandage:

Both are countered by blinds

They just copy and pasted the hanzo scatter arrow code and neglected the fact that heroes have a radius.

It was working great on ptr. I think something else in the patch just messing with it.

Most the times it’s working. But not always.
I saw it being off even on the ptr.

CC shuts him down so ultra hardcore.

Oooh! Like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner?

If that fails, I’ll just meme him to death.

2 Likes

And yet you can’t tell if or how a hero needs a nerf after a first glance?

Nobody can tell if a hero needs a nerf at first glance…

I was under the impression that Hogger was OP, but he’s more an annoyance than anything else. I still don’t own Mei, Qhira, or Hogger yet because I can’t justify spending money on this game right now so I can’t tell from personal experience playing him, but he does seem to be only situationally OP.

Either way, I still invite you to make your own game if you feel like you’re such a superior dev. I’d even be willing to point you to resources to help you get started.

1 Like